What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Franko

Juniors
Whe do you think we are going to start announcing some signings. I would love to get Braith, however prefer to get Orford and it seems by all the talk that Anasta is going to be a Rooster. Going to be gutted if we don't get Orford and Steve Bell.
If they go to Manly all we will get is Nathan Merritt back. Be ok if we had a decent half back who can get him the ball.

Wish they would hurry up and announce something, i'm getting all gittery. Looking on this website and minute to see if anyone has got any news.

lotti

Bench
Sorry guys but Matt Orford will soon be a Manly boy, we'll have him and like Michael Monaghan we won't let him go in a hurry.

Ari Gold

Bench
i swear i'm going to be soo pissed off with Souths Admin if we don't get either Bell, Orford, or Anasta.... who else can we sign with all this "extra" money we have?

Franko

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
i swear i'm going to be soo pissed off with Souths Admin if we don't get either Bell, Orford, or Anasta.... who else can we sign with all this "extra" money we have?

We will get Merritt back and that is it. Maybe Jaiman Lowe or something. Couldn't even get Galloway.

I guess if we get Merritt back within a couple of years we might have a side full of local juniors.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Franko,

Galloway signed with the tigers yesterday for three years, also Tom Learoyd Lars (broncos) signed with the raiders.

Wobbygong

First Grade
With Galloway apparently Souths offered him substantially more money, but he still preferred the Tigers. See in Fox sports in the "Manly chase Orford" article.

Franko

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
With Galloway apparently Souths offered him substantially more money, but he still preferred the Tigers. See in Fox sports in the "Manly chase Orford" article.

I said in my comment couldn't even get galloway.

sydraider

First Grade
I can understand wanting orford but honestly is anasta that vital??
I mean it seems as though most rabbit fans want him back and for that reason I do hope you gert him but look at the facts....
* He played well in his rookie year....
* Fumbled around in between.....
* Now its contract time and he has been killing it in 2005.

Just my perspective as I have a lot of time for John Sutton, he is a player of the future for mine.

Still I hope souths can nab at least orford or anasta or even both, best of luck for you guys!

Seano

Juniors
I dont think that we need anasta at all.

It would be good PR and "feel good" story BUT his value for money is pretty poor.

Sutto and Orford will do me for 2006

Bubbabunny

Juniors
lotti said:
Sorry guys but Matt Orford will soon be a Manly boy, we'll have him and like Michael Monaghan we won't let him go in a hurry.
i dont think so i wouldnt get my hopes up if i was a manly fan and wouldnt they have to get rid of monahan to get orford anyways ? i'd be waiting till its official before i started trying to piss other people off .....

Wobbygong

First Grade
What happens if you don't sign Orford either, which is a chance now that Manly are chasing him?

Williams and Moran are both crap!

sydraider said:
I can understand wanting orford but honestly is anasta that vital??
I mean it seems as though most rabbit fans want him back and for that reason I do hope you gert him but look at the facts....
* He played well in his rookie year....
* Fumbled around in between.....
* Now its contract time and he has been killing it in 2005.

Just my perspective as I have a lot of time for John Sutton, he is a player of the future for mine.

Still I hope souths can nab at least orford or anasta or even both, best of luck for you guys!

John Sutton is a gun and going to be a great player. BUT Souths need to start attracting some name players to the club for him to play with or even just a quality half back and some forwards. Because in a couple of years if Souths are still where they are now. John Sutton will up and leave as well. Souths are a very good breeding ground for young players but at Senioe level they need to do more or they will be nothing but a feeder club for other NRL clubs and that really isn't fair on there supporters.

Franko

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
John Sutton is a gun and going to be a great player. BUT Souths need to start attracting some name players to the club for him to play with or even just a quality half back and some forwards. Because in a couple of years if Souths are still where they are now. John Sutton will up and leave as well. Souths are a very good breeding ground for young players but at Senioe level they need to do more or they will be nothing but a feeder club for other NRL clubs and that really isn't fair on there supporters.

A tear greets me

Tigerpete

Juniors
So the scenario seems to read this way and its not good reading for souths. If Anasta signs with the Roosters which is very possible, that according to Orford's manager is likely to sway him from joining Souths , which i dont know where that leaves Steve Bell either, would he sign or be turned off too. Perhaps more alarming though is it would see Ashley Harrison is unlikely to stay unless there is an improvement in the the squad for 2006. This then would also decrease the chances of Luke Mc Dougall staying put too.

For your sake souths, i hope it dont work out that way, otherwise it will be rock bottom for the bunnies in 06. Thankfully though the club is doing the right thing now, relying a little more on the juniours coming through.

Ari Gold

Bench
watched MainGame on Fox tonight....they said Orford will most likely be signing with Souths and they are expecting a decision within 24 hours....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Southern Rooster said:
Souths have signed big name players in the past, and all you achieved was wooden spoons.
stop trying to buy a winning team and develop one. Hardly any souths juniors will get a chance at the club while they keep going on spending sprees throwing far too much money at inept players.

The juniors will be picked up by other teams and souths will rely heavily on signing name players all the time.

Its a simple concept that is being ignored more and more at Souths. If it keeps going I think you'll be needing your marching boots again...

Latest posts