What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silly Manly

BWNB

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
alright basically what happened was, it was the bulldogs scrum 20 out from their line. sam harris punched o'meley in d scrum.....manlys backline ran in.......leaving no defense.....lol and patten runs 80metres to score

what was the score
time of the match was it very stupid or what?

number8

Juniors
Beachy Eagle said:
number8 has a brain ......................................hahahahahahaha
you are a dead set toss everythiny i read from you on here is insults to other sides or players, I dont think you hava had a common sense thought in your life!!!!!!

I'm sorry that you see it that way. I promise I will do better. Looking back I see the error of my ways. I dont think I hava done the right thing by Manly & Cronulla. From now on everythiny u read from me on here will be A+ Manly & Cronulla praise O.K.

Okey Dokey then!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
white pointer! said:
Mate minni will be fullback as long as he wants if sticky is there. Maybe a chance for winger but he will have to beat covell for the spot :rolleyes:

Why would it matter who the coach was? Chris Anderson was quite happy to have Mini as Australian Fullback when he was the coach. ditto Wayne Bennett currently. Stewart is a great prospect and will probably get his chance one day but to suggest Minichiello is only the NSW fullback because of Stuart is a joke.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
number8 said:
Stuart 2006 NSW fullback..................................Ha ha ha ha ha ......ha ha ha.

Manly 2005 a premiership contender....................Ha ha ha ha ha ......ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha ......ha ha ha.............................Ha ha ha ha ha ......ha ha ha.

Any Manly fan coming into 05 who thought we would make the eight was considered optimistic.

To be in the top four this far into the season wasn't even thought of by even the most one eyed supporters.

Who ever said premiership contender?

Stewart > Hornby > Pattern.

One knock to Mini around SOO next year and Brett is our man.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
It was a good punch by Sammy Harris... The Ogre's head goes back.

Do you think the KB will be out on Thursday night?

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Stewart is very fast.

My prediction.....He will be NSW fullback for Origin 1, 2006.

has watching the Knights lose 13 in row affected your league brain?
Minichello will be NSW fullback for the next 5 yrs.

Just because Brent is quick doesnt make him a great fullback. Speed is the ONLY thing that stewart has over Minichello.

As for "fortress brookvake"...that was a joke! Look at the teams the eagles beat in that win streak there! They didnt beat a single premiership contender!

skeepe

Immortal
What was with Monaghan watching Patten go past him? Patten got the ball, started running, Monaghan made about 2 steps towards him and, in my opinion, would have easily made the tackle but just stopped, hands on his hips and watched as he ran the length of the field.

NO HEART!

Johns Magic

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Speed is the ONLY thing that stewart has over Minichello.

Stewart is safe under the high ball and in defence. Minichiello struggles in both these aspects of his game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Stewart is safe under the high ball and in defence. Minichiello struggles in both these aspects of his game.

minchello is better under a high ball. Brisbane tested stewart in brisbane and he spilled 2 bombs and a grubber. Led to three tries.
Minichello has it allllllll over stewart that the need to debate this is laughable.

Johns Magic

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
minchello is better under a high ball. Brisbane tested stewart in brisbane and he spilled 2 bombs and a grubber. Led to three tries.
Minichello has it allllllll over stewart that the need to debate this is laughable.

Grand Final 2003 ring a bell?

Minichiello has worked incredibly hard under the high ball, and he has improved out of sight.

But he is not naturally gifted at catching.

He looks very uncoordinated in everything he does.

I am not arguing that Stewart is better than Minichiello, just that to say "speed is the only aspect of the game where Stewart has it over Minichiello" is unfair.

Mr Saab

Referee
i think its fair. Stewart has been in league for 30 games. He is an up and comer, but has a looong way before putting on a blue jersey for NSW.
2003 GF?
What about 2004 tri series? player of the tour! fair effort for a fullback!

CC_Eagle said:
Stewart > Hornby > Pattern.

One knock to Mini around SOO next year and Brett is our man.

Hodgson= Hornby > Stewart > Patten

That would be the pecking order of fullbacks behind the Count.

Hodgson and Hornby are adept at playing second receiver- they both have good kicking games and can create play for speedy outside backs. I think Mini is more like a Tim Brasher- simply a brilliant running fullback rather than being a skillful ball player.

Stewart is an excellent prospect but he needs to bide his time behind the other established fullbacks.

eagleangel

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:

in defence of stewart:

not saying he's better than mini btw..

yes he got hammered all night by the broncos, and he was woeful, but having watched all of brett's games, that was the only game ive seen him play poorly in

since that night he has become a lot safer under the high ball (see games against dogs in round 10, and against the panthers in round 12.. gower especially tested him all day).

i hiiiiighly doubt he'll be blues fullback next year, i cant see sticky dumping his own mini. but in a another year he'll be pushing for it for suuuure :) just needs more expierience

0neye

gregstar said:
someone post that photo of the "stoopid eagles" being poo jabed

HERE IT IS GLOVE PUPPET :lol: ;-)
22.jpg

CC_Eagle

First Grade
skeepe said:
I loved that hit. Even better when you consider who copped it.

Wasn't nearly as good as both of Beaver's on Smith..

You know, the ones that put him out for weeks..literally :)