What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Similarities between MEL and NQL games show how far we still have to go..

slippy

Juniors
I know the comparison has been made in a few comments around the forum, but I think it deserves its own thread.

The similarities are scary, and two months after the Cowboys game we can STILL see signs that we are a little way off where we need to be. You could write the following sentence about both games...

"They shot out to an 18-0 point lead at home, catching us somewhat off guard. We looked lost for the opening half an hour before a brief fightback got us within striking distance at the break. After halftime we had ourselves in a position where we could have gone on to the win the game, but thanks to some poor refereeing the game was flipped and the score was allowed to blow out. Their fullback carved us up and we ended up conceding 40 points. Some nuffies were made to look like guns, while half our blokes dropped their heads"
(The Gower crusher tackle being the equivalent crucial moment to the Sandow no-try against NQL, a shit refereeing moment that turned the game)

We have made MASSIVE improvements in 2014 and I am proud of how we have turned things around. But, we are still prone to these lapses throughout games which will set us apart from the great sides. In years gone by we would have lost today's game 50-4, today we showed heart at times to keep us in it, but the white flag was waved big time as well.

One thing we have done extremely well after a loss like today, is bounce back hard and claim a win. Newcastle better be shitting themselves about a trip to Pirtek next Sunday. However, in the future, if we are going to be an elite side, we need to eliminate days like today from happening!

P.s This isn't intended to be negative. I am extremely proud of our side in 2014 and happy with what the future holds.
P.p.s Cummins is a merkin who I want to slap.

slippy

Juniors
Sorry, feel free to add other similarities y'all noticed. I am a bit clouded right now with A) Afternoon Ciders and B) Hatred for Cummins

Far Canal

Juniors
Mate not slap but triple uppercut the prickle - diabolical adjudicating today.

Honorable mention to the merkin video ref who though Gower's tackle was a crusher - Norrin the merkin went to play out the match.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not to mention Cam Smith telling him to stay down.

What a wonderful example of great leadership and sportsmanship he shows.

slippy

Juniors
I can't believe the commentators just acknowledge Cam Smith telling him to stay down and don't comment on it? As if its just standard behaviour?
I wanted to slap Alexander just as much, if not more than Cummins today.

EelsFan05

Bench
Smith is the single biggest blight on the game. Full stop. He continually stretches/breaks every rule in the game and has the hide to whinge about every decision that goes against them.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Win next week and we are are on 22 points (includes bye) with 9 games to go. 28 points may get 8th spot but 30 will. So we only need to win 4 out of our last 9 games to get 30 points., I think we can do this. Also our last 9 games also include two against raiders, knights and sharks - not easy games but better then playing top 4 sides.

Suitman

Post Whore
Win next week and we are are on 22 points (includes bye) with 9 games to go. 28 points may get 8th spot but 30 will. So we only need to win 4 out of our last 9 games to get 30 points., I think we can do this. Also our last 9 games also include two against raiders, knights and sharks - not easy games but better then playing top 4 sides.

30 points???? With that draw, I expect the Minor Premiership!!!

Suity

born an eel

Bench
until the club is prepared to meet the example set by the cheats we will not get anywhere,

Sandow asked the refs how much they they were paying him and he put up his fingers to show the price to be $10,000

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Not to mention Cam Smith telling him to stay down.

What a wonderful example of great leadership and sportsmanship he shows.

Same piece of shit who whinged when his team mate, who just ended someone's career was being put on report and the poor diddums was getting a penalty against his team...

Latest posts