What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Similarities between MEL and NQL games show how far we still have to go..

oldmancraigy

Coach
Was Hayne even off?

I've read moronic statements like 'he didn't look interested'. Whaaa?
He ran the ball with purpose and made a half break every time he touched it - that is, unless he was putting Morgan away for a try.

Sure, he dropped the ball over the dead ball line (one mistake). And was credited another error when the Storm bloke stripped the ball from him, he regathered, and saved the ball from going over the touchline.

1 mistake in an otherwise barnstorming game, and he was 'off'???

oldmancraigy

Coach
until the club is prepared to meet the example set by the cheats we will not get anywhere,

Sandow asked the refs how much they they were paying him and he put up his fingers to show the price to be $10,000

The sad thing is, Chrissy thought he was being binned.

The ref never said 'sin bin' - when Hayne asked him what was going on, the ref said 'he asked me how much they're paying, now off you go' - it was just an answer to the question and a statement of 'now lets get on with the game'.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Was Hayne even off?

I've read moronic statements like 'he didn't look interested'. Whaaa?
He ran the ball with purpose and made a half break every time he touched it - that is, unless he was putting Morgan away for a try.

Sure, he dropped the ball over the dead ball line (one mistake). And was credited another error when the Storm bloke stripped the ball from him, he regathered, and saved the ball from going over the touchline.

1 mistake in an otherwise barnstorming game, and he was 'off'???
He missed one tackle as well but generally his defence tidying up Paulos misses was fantastic. Haynes energy was definitely down a bit but he was still great. Hedoes need some work though on manipulating the reffs like one Mr C Smith.

Gronk

Staff member
To be fair to the Storm merkin who got an accidental crusher from Gower, his neck strain was not fake. You could see that instantly. Cam Smith may have told him to stay down, but it's entirely reasonable considering what's happened this year and in particular that it was their club who were involved with the Mckinnon incident.

Gazzamatta

Coach
To be fair to the Storm merkin who got an accidental crusher from Gower, his neck strain was not fake. You could see that instantly. Cam Smith may have told him to stay down, but it's entirely reasonable considering what's happened this year and in particular that it was their club who were involved with the Mckinnon incident.

No arguement but it was the same C Smith that argued on field to the ref at the time that A McKinnon ducked his head and was responsible for the tackle going wrong. I bet he wished he hadnt of said that but truth be known he probably dosent.
Just a side note, is was good to see Jordan McLean play so well yesterday. Hes a bit of a talent that kid and obviously mentally strong. Would be a good pick up if and when available.

Chipmunk

Coach
Parra have been a generally poor team when playing away from Parra Stadium for a numer of years, an even worse team when playing outside of Sydney.

We also have for over a decade consistently failed to win the play the ball area to give ourselves the best chance of coming away with a win against the better teams.

Parra have alot to learn.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But 10min later he was making a barnstorming run to score a try, he was hardly touched. He took a dive and stayed down IMO. If it was so bad he would have went off.

Gronk

Staff member
But 10min later he was making a barnstorming run to score a try, he was hardly touched. He took a dive and stayed down IMO. If it was so bad he would have went off.

You miss my point. He may have had a spinal injury. The captain was right to tell him to stay put until he was cleared by med staff. As it turns out, he was fine.

84 Baby

Referee
You miss my point. He may have had a spinal injury. The captain was right to tell him to stay put until he was cleared by med staff. As it turns out, he was fine.

I get the impression that player welfare wasn't the first thing he was thinking of. IMO he may be one of the smartest footballers ever but he is definitely the merkinest

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smith told him to stay down because he knew the video ref would look at it. And sure enough they somehow found a crusher tackle. Don't forget this was the same classless piece of shit who was arguing with the ref while Alex Mackinnon was being carted off.

Where was his concern there???

Strangenuts

Juniors
Smith told him to stay down because he knew the video ref would look at it. And sure enough they somehow found a crusher tackle. Don't forget this was the same classless piece of shit who was arguing with the ref while Alex Mackinnon was being carted off.

Where was his concern there???

Well said.

84 Baby

Referee
Is merkinest even a word?

Also what is a cruncher tackle?

I have copyrighted merkinest

And I think you will find it was a crucher tackle. And crucher I believe is French for jugs. Or yum.
In some peoples' eyes they mean the same thing

Noise

Coach
I have copyrighted merkinest

And I think you will find it was a crucher tackle. And crucher I believe is French for jugs. Or yum.
In some peoples' eyes they mean the same thing

I thought that was Yoplait?