What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simmo V Shiff

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think Shiff played all over Simmo today & in a losing team.
too many embarrassing mis reads especially that last canberra try where he jsut left it for the slower sharks players to try & wrap up.

Strange that some people here think shiff is the worst fullback in the comp!!

Where does that leave Simmo?

Dread

Juniors
tbh I think Simmo completely blasted Schif off the park today. Playing as a five eighth, the man put in kicks close to the line that Noddy would be jealous of. Another try from brute strength. Backing up. Beautiful.

tye

Juniors
Simmons is getting better and better, seems to be playing at another level.

ali

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
I think Shiff played all over Simmo today & in a losing team.
too many embarrassing mis reads especially that last canberra try where he jsut left it for the slower sharks players to try & wrap up.

Strange that some people here think shiff is the worst fullback in the comp!!

Where does that leave Simmo?

WTF are you smoking. When I saw the heading of this thread I was thinking you surely can't be negative after Simmo's performance today. I again think it was up there with one of his best performances in first grade. His running game was good, his backing up was good and as dread has pointed out, he put in a couple of great kicks. I'd say he was one of our best, whilst Shiff stuffed around picking up rolling balls.

Simmons was the best full back out there without question. Two tries, a grubber that led to a try. Try saving goal line defence.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hhhh
be interesting to see what the stats say.
I saw simmons reluctant to run the ball.
Take the set of 6 where he scored of a superb kearney kick.
Kinga 15 meters
Stoss 10 metres
Scott 15 metres

the others were around 10 metres except for simmos run. 1 metre.

warren

Juniors
I'm no simmons fan, but he played ok i thought.
simmons can actually kick! he set up a nice try for ciraldo. and he also got us a repeat set, which havent come too often this year

blacktip-reefy said:
Seems his foot didnt work too well for Toms try.

Actually, Douglas & Latu made the first bad miss on him.

Then Ciraldo and Gallen didn't control his momentum and Simmons as a last ditch attempt as the guy was putting the ball down tried to dislodge the ball with his foot.

The player was badly missed by 4 players and your having a go at Simmons last gasp attempt!!!!!!!!!

f*ck Me!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He didnt chase too well for that final try either did he.
quite embarrassing that.

But then again, maybe we should not have risked our special player in the dying stages huh?

elmosharky

Juniors
What a tool you are blacktip!

You have never got anything good to say about simmo!

Didn't your mum tell you! "if you havn't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all!"

Dread

Juniors
Is there a fishing smilie?

Methinks Blacktip has thrown a line out and come up with 10 catches on the one hook!

He scored 2 trys and had one try assist!

His first try he scored from nothing with a powerful run 10 metres out beating 3 tacklers.

Second try, perfect timed run to grab a meat pie off a Kearney kick.

The assist was a grubber like a la Peachey for Ciraldo to score.

Teriffic in defence and great positional play again.

A real game breaker today!

imasharkie

Coach
Watching Simmons play footy usually leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of his terrible attacking play and ordinary defence but today was the best he's played. I'd give him a rating of 7.5.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dread said:
Is there a fishing smilie?

Methinks Blacktip has thrown a line out and come up with 10 catches on the one hook!

fishing.gif

There ya go

Latest posts