What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simmons, Brown - Not signed yet

Inferno

Coach
He's not even on 170K Reefy, this year he has definitely provided excellent value for money. Perhaps even the best value per $ in our team.

Meanwhile I am with Surely, at 400k+ Ross is not up to scratch yet. That said he is still getting over his injury so I'm willing to give him a little more time. He's training at 100% isn't he?

I'd like to see more of Brown. He went close to breaking the line on his first touch against the Bulldogs. Simmo should be kept for depth.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
short memories people who bag Rosscoe.
In his first games last year, he played 65-70 minutes, topped the tackle count & was devastating.
he will get back to that, undoubtedly.
However, 400k is a lot of cap. With mateo, no E1 & our existing props, we could give it a shake.
So as much I like Rossco, I love his cap money more.

Inferno

Coach
I only bag him, because like you I don't think he is worth 400k. For that sort of money I want a Webcke/Asotasi/Bailey type player. Ross is more than a couple of rungs down from that.

Surely

Post Whore
Inferno said:
I only bag him, because like you I don't think he is worth 400k. For that sort of money I want a Webcke/Asotasi/Bailey type player. Ross is more than a couple of rungs down from that.

Exactly, good player, but 400K, not that good.

Inferno

Coach
Flush on Props? Dougy is a superstar, but Stapler and Loo Loo are solid but unspectacular.

Weston and Selmes are both unproven. Who am I missing Reefy?

White Poiner

Coach
imasharkie said:
I agree with you Surely

How can you say that about our best player so far this year, Reefy and a certaintity to be named captain in 2008.

Put it this way...
he owes us 3or so years..

He has been great in like 10-20 games.

No a good credit rating.

Brown should be kept over Simmons, has more promise, and would probably be $50k cheaper, Brown is also fomer australian schoolboy same team as Darius Boyd & Jarrod Mullen

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
imasharkie said:
I agree with you Surely

How can you say that about our best player so far this year, Reefy and a certaintity to be named captain in 2008.

Easy IMA. IMO he hasnt been our best player this year. In fact, he has only featuree on my 321 a couple of times & in the lower register.

Gallen, Rossco & thomo are light years ahead.
Having said that, he is going ok.
But if all this premature talk of him being a star bumps his price up & it shouldnt for us after our investment, then bye bye.

As for being captain, I have already told you IMA & it is confirmed by DT & now 99.
he will not, EVER, be captain.

carinashark

First Grade
Ross will go ok this year , he is just getting back to what he was , Stapelton is improving heaps with Stuart as is Williams . Props get injured so I recon you cant have enough of them . Im not that sad to see Noddy go , it finaly cuts the Ando thread ( such a bad time for our club, so much promised and nothing delivered) but Dykes will have to play smart football or Kearney will have his spot. I would really like to see Mitch Brown kept , I think there might be somthing there that a good coach could bring out. 2008 should see us Noddy free , jeez he has tried hard but we need more than he has to give.

blacktip-reefy said:
Easy IMA. IMO he hasnt been our best player this year. In fact, he has only featuree on my 321 a couple of times & in the lower register.

Gallen, Rossco & thomo are light years ahead.
Having said that, he is going ok.
But if all this premature talk of him being a star bumps his price up & it shouldnt for us after our investment, then bye bye.

As for being captain, I have already told you IMA & it is confirmed by DT & now 99.
he will not, EVER, be captain.

I think Bird has been our best forward most of the year.

But other betther judges also rate his play this year. Ricky Stuart is pushing Bird and Gallen for rep honours, clearly he is happy with way Bird is playing. Ross got a start off the bench, which was as a wake up call from the coach that he wasn't doing the job Stuart expected of him.

Bird is coming third in the Dally M's. He's scored 14 points several 2 & 3s. So none of these judges know what they are talking about?

Gallen's only started to come good in the last cople of games since injury. Ben Ross has been a bit dissappointing in my opinion.

Surely

Post Whore
White Poiner said:
Put it this way...
he owes us 3or so years..

He has been great in like 10-20 games.

No a good credit rating.

Poiner stop stealing reefy's material