What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simmos tackle on tate

was simmos tackle on tate

• the bestest tackle ever seen in the nrl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd only to simmos tackle on bowen 2 weeks ago

• simmos defence is so good it should be released on video and studied by all RL coaches and players

• Total voters

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think thats going abit over the top Millers.
I cant see Simmo approaching any of those heights.
the main reason being is that Covell is doing all the hard stuff & leaving the "glory" bits for Simmo.
I saw that clearly the other nights when Covell easily had Bowen & Tate & he just smirked, backed off & let Simmo get some applause.
Like Unco said, " I never had anybody around to throw me a bit of help like that when I was 12 years old & playing for Murwillumbah first grade, so I hope Simmo appreciates it".

simmofan91

Juniors
After the continuous bagging of David Simmons i think everyone should now accept him as first class, try-scoring winger who derserves his spot in the team. He has now pulled off 2 inspirational try saving tackles in the last 2 games

Frenzy.

Immortal
thered be 100s of things in a wingas job descripion. simmo can do the easiest. run down blokes from behind. he owes more a lot more

but i still voted 3 becuase simmo is clearly the secund comin of God. move over sludge

option 4: much better than stepping out of the way to let berrigan in for their first try :?

simmo IS improving. but he still should be doing that in PL.

but he is bloody fast so if he's in firsts to stay i wish they'd try to put him into the clear with the ball in hand a bit more often.

Card Shark

Immortal
but he is bloody fast so if he's in firsts to stay i wish they'd try to put him into the clear with the ball in hand a bit more often.
Me too - he needs to be following Kimmorley, Sully, Gallen & the like looking for an offload in the middle of the park. If he is in the clear - who is going to catch him??

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Who will catch him?
Somebody who is as fast or a little slower who is not carrying a ball.

I believe Covell could catch him.

McLovin

Staff member
spirit of league said:
option 4: much better than stepping out of the way to let berrigan in for their first try :?

simmo IS improving. but he still should be doing that in PL.

Gotta disagree with you on that first point. Simmons was doing his job marking the outside man. Berrigan ran 30 metres and found the line through some poor sliding defence on the line. Either way, they were going to score on that play.

I agree with you in that Simmons IS improving. He is really turning into a good try scoring winger and a solid option outside Vagana (were was he when Simmons was on his own out wide in defence against Berrigan and Bott???)

I'm not a huge fan of Simmo. I think he has talent and hope he continues to develop as a player.

However, credit where credit is due. The tackle on Bowen was bloody good, so was the one on Tate. Honestly, I can't remember any other occassion that Bowen has been run down from behind like that. Penrith certainly couldn't manage anything like that on Saturday night in Bowen's two runaway tries.

Simmo strikes me as lacking a little in confidence in the top grade. I think he could have been dropped after the Manly match. Unfortunately, Mezz, (the bloke so many of the beer hill ites on this forum cream their pants at the mere mention of his name) was also playing crap at the time. Mezz is not the answer to the wing conundrum in my opinion.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It's a fair call.
Carrying the ball would cost you 10 over 100.
Both were very good tackles.
Only another 20 to make up for a the misses.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Simmo's improving of that their is no doubt. Stevie Wonder could see that clearly. Some here obviously simply don't want to, which makes me wonder about all their opinions if one bloke can cloud them so easily to gain say what is obvious to a blind man. i don't understand it and I don't understand the posts. Maybe they could or rather would say the same for the coach..... which could and was said about the last coach...etc etc.

this is the place to express an opinion- no probs there- but - when you can SEE a bloke busting his buns and obviously improving what is the
SH!TE that some come up with.

Have we got some closet trollers here just stirring?

Certainly no Sharks fan would contiually bag a young improving Shark Player- that's just stu-pid :roll:

He will drop ball, he will miss tackles- but so will EVERYONE else

But..

Simmon's IS the fastest player in our side over distance. We definitely need that pace and the attitude to use it.

millersnose

Post Whore
Chondricthyes said:
Have we got some closet trollers here just stirring?

Certainly no Sharks fan would contiually bag a young improving Shark Player- that's just stu-pid :roll:

He will drop ball, he will miss tackles- but so will EVERYONE else

some closet troller said:
Reick is PATHETIC under the high ball and will be targeted by every club .

Rieck- it may have been tough in the bottom corner(first half) but like Merriott no committment.

Bailey- didn't even look out wde. His discipline IS the worst in NRL. A shame he's not big enough for the back row.

I have said it several times before- Raper got punted TWICE from coaching posisitions in Eng.. He has a lot to learn still that IS OBVIOUS.

gee thats a big glass house you a throwing stones from
:lol: