What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Dwyer to retire??

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
How long ago was Tuiaki forced to retire?

Best of luck to the kid, he would be devastated, hope it comes good.

He retired at the start of the year.

Terrible news if true. Here's hoping he gets his quality of life back before even worrying about anything to do with football.

badav

Bench
Just goes to show any game can be your last. So fans shouldn't be so quick to dump on players who sign contracts for as much money as they can get.

Its always difficult to predict prognosis with complex injuries involving nerve damage, hopefully it comes good for the bloke.

Hooch

Juniors
He retired at the start of the year.

Terrible news if true. Here's hoping he gets his quality of life back before even worrying about anything to do with football.

That's what he should be concerned about. It's a severe injury.

Mind you this retirement rumour is bollocks unless he's getting paid out. Dwyer would be mad to retire and be left to live on his savings or family. Theres no certaintities with nerve damage and the recivery time is in months and years so he should just sit there and rehab and give the nerves time to see how good it gets. He could even play again.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope no medi cab didnt contribute to this or it will be lawyers at 10 paces

Good point, although I cant see it going any further if that was the case. Pretty ordinary from the club if you ask me, when player says he has no feeling in his legs you dont drag him off the field.

I do wish Dwyer well hope he gets better.

roarr

Juniors
I really doubt this is true.

If by round 20 next year he still doesnt have feeling in his arm then we might hear something concrete... but he'll still only be what 22/23.

I think they will see the off-season through and see how it goes at the very least.

In saying all that...all the best to the young slugger.

sydraider

First Grade
Poor Bugger, had a big future, wish him all the best in his recovery and hopefully he can make it back out on the paddock.

Latest posts