What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Simply not good enough': Annesley tells refs to lift their game

myrrh ken

First Grade
Lol, 'mental gymnastics some people will do' while trying to explain how a 2m forward pass is backwards.

I'm also a player and know quite easily how flick passes can go forward. The way he flicked it could quite easily end up with it going forward, which is what happened. And 2 metres forward is generous.

Look at it, his hand is facing the f**king sideline. His forward momentum is also significantly slowed as he is being tackled. He passes it and it goes forward, end of discussion. I mean I know rugby league fans have very little common sense but use your f**king brain.

If the geniuses were right about the way he flicked it meaning it had to go backwards, then the ball would have no chance of floating forward at all. If it is legitimately propelled backwards out of the back of the hand it would go backwards even with momentum, it's not like a regular two handed spiral pass. But he didn't, he passed it perpendicular to the sideline and it went forward. Get over it.

Def did not travel 2 metres forward. Closer to 1 metre. Maybe the fact that he releases in front of his body exaggerates the distance.

The ball is released out the back of his hand. Check the photo.

There is also forward momentum in him promoting his arm forward in attempting to slip it back.

mave

Coach
Why didnt he just pass to his left to the unmarked inside man ?

Could have saved a lot of furious typing all week.

Springs09

Juniors
Def did not travel 2 metres forward. Closer to 1 metre. Maybe the fact that he releases in front of his body exaggerates the distance.

The ball is released out the back of his hand. Check the photo.

There is also forward momentum in him promoting his arm forward in attempting to slip it back.

Yeah, out of the back of his hand that's facing the sideline. The back of his hand is not facing backwards. He is not throwing it backwards.

You don't get forward momentum from sticking your arm forward to throw it backwards. I mean ffs.

Frailty

First Grade
Definitely some whinging. We all need a good whinge when you get rogered like that.
Good thing is we had dozens of neutrals on the game day thread whinging along with us.
And Annesley agreed the whole debacle was worth the whinge and demoted all the refs from the game.
Throw in a solid core of whinging by the pundits and journos on NRL tv and the major rags, it was definitely an all round whinge fest - far beyond warrior fans.

...except a chunk of Eels supporters on here who for some really f**king bizarre reason feel personally affronted that most people think the warriors were hard done by.

They got the rub of the green with a special ending, but get all angry about it. Knobheads.

Yeah, except my comment was a reference to a good ol' Monty Betham claiming the Warriors have copped it for 25 years. I also take issue with Buzz Rothfield claiming it cost them a spot in the finals.

It's just pathetic whinging.

Springs09

Juniors
Yeah, except my comment was a reference to a good ol' Monty Betham claiming the Warriors have copped it for 25 years. I also take issue with Buzz Rothfield claiming it cost them a spot in the finals.

It's just pathetic whinging.

People just don't understand. It's not the multiple games we played like complete arse that cost us a spot in the finals, it's the 2 or 3 poor ref decisions in this one game.

Meth

Staff member
People just don't understand. It's not the multiple games we played like complete arse that cost us a spot in the finals, it's the 2 or 3 poor ref decisions in this one game.

Not even close to what warriors fans are thinking you bloody obtuse idiot

Saxon

Bench
Only cause Flash Roger was going the speed of light. Of course the ball will travel forward after going backward out of the hand, its physics doh.

...Edit but I reckon it was forward.

Edit 2: But NRL refs would let that go nine times out of ten. And 99/100 times for Melbourne, Broncos or Roosters...
And that one time in a hundred for Melbourne Sutton has admitted he got wrong...
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/sutton-tells-bellamy-wrong-call-made-on-olam-pass/

TheDMC

Bench
Yep. I am the only one coming up with great solutions.
Everybody should follow the example I set. For every problem you identify, offer a solution.

Okay, here is one, iif a try is scored and the ref wants to check a forward pass in the lead up (after the previous completed tackle) the bunker numpties should check and rule on it.

Its what they do in Union and it works absolutely fine, the NRL video refs have enough angles to make a call. Only issue is they are f**king geniused.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
And that one time in a hundred for Melbourne Sutton has admitted he got wrong...
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/sutton-tells-bellamy-wrong-call-made-on-olam-pass/

What a joke, how many games have the Storm one from dodgy decisions? You can be certain Bernie wouldn't ring the coaches on the receiving end. You can be certain that whoever is refereeing the Storm this weekend will be told in no uncertain terms to ensure the Storm don't have any decisions go against them.

mave

Coach
Manly had two or three flat passes called foward throughout the same match. I must have missed Bellamy crying about that.

Not to mention the ridiculous "obstruction" no try against Manly.

EAD Bellamy, although he is correct when he points out that we seem to be forever having mid season blitzes on particular things, that disappear after 3 weeks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nah, my team is harder done by than your team so NER

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Bunker was back at it last night. Wouldn't have changed the result but considering it was the first set they hadn't made an error on in the attacking 20 and did it to near perfection and still got it taken off them it definitely took some air out of the tyres

Frailty

First Grade
Bunker was back at it last night. Wouldn't have changed the result but considering it was the first set they hadn't made an error on in the attacking 20 and did it to near perfection and still got it taken off them it definitely took some air out of the tyres

28-4 loss where the team is clearly outplayed, and Green wants to complain about the referees.

This game really has a bad culture for blaming the referees that it really needs to get over.

moffla

Bench
What a joke, how many games have the Storm one from dodgy decisions? You can be certain Bernie wouldn't ring the coaches on the receiving end. You can be certain that whoever is refereeing the Storm this weekend will be told in no uncertain terms to ensure the Storm don't have any decisions go against them.

Nah, he's never apologised to another coach.

NRL admits crucial ref error in Manly loss - 21 April 2019
(Manly coach) Des Hasler has been advised accordingly.

Latest posts