What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sin Bin

POPEYE

Coach
This is how I'd like the send off to work. Player gets sent off, team still has 13 on the field but one less interchange player to use
If you mean send of as in 'send off', not sin bin, this is a good idea . . . as well as classing a 5 min sin bin as an interchange when the offender returns

davi

Juniors
I saw the incident in the link. I think the refs got it right.

"SOUTH Sydney prop George Burgess was sent to the sin bin for an ugly incident in Saturday’s clash with Newcastle.

But he should’ve been sent off for the remainder of the game, according to former NRL player and Fox Sports commentator Michael Ennis.

Burgess lost the ball in a big hit from Knights lock Mitch Barnett in the 23rd minute which caused the Rabbitohs’ wrecking ball to lash out, first with his elbow, then fists.

“Looking at the replay, it should’ve been (a send off),” Ennis told Super Saturday."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/ca8032e05b019cd0a1ed30506a56326f

Glenn

First Grade
Should have been a send off, Sin bin for penalties such as slowing down a player after a break etc, violence should be a send off.

thorson1987

Coach
I saw the incident in the link. I think the refs got it right.

"SOUTH Sydney prop George Burgess was sent to the sin bin for an ugly incident in Saturday’s clash with Newcastle.

But he should’ve been sent off for the remainder of the game, according to former NRL player and Fox Sports commentator Michael Ennis.

Burgess lost the ball in a big hit from Knights lock Mitch Barnett in the 23rd minute which caused the Rabbitohs’ wrecking ball to lash out, first with his elbow, then fists.

“Looking at the replay, it should’ve been (a send off),” Ennis told Super Saturday."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/ca8032e05b019cd0a1ed30506a56326f

Nope.

Should have been sent for the elbow.

hunters

Juniors
Even as an avid Bunnies supporter, hard to see why it wasn't a send off. Very lucky boy. Hodgkinson not far behind though

George Burgess was not sent to the sin bin for the elbow. That was put on report for that (but yes, I think he should have been sent). He was binned for the following punches he threw after the Knights player pushed him for resenting the elbow. Souths were grubby in this match and I was hoping the Knights would win.

Trent Hodgkinson was binned in the last 10 minutes and he deserverd to go in my opinion for mouthing off at the referee. I just wish other referees in other games would follow suit.

wibble

Bench
George Burgess was not sent to the sin bin for the elbow. That was put on report for that (but yes, I think he should have been sent). He was binned for the following punches he threw after the Knights player pushed him for resenting the elbow. Souths were grubby in this match and I was hoping the Knights would win.

Trent Hodgkinson was binned in the last 10 minutes and he deserverd to go in my opinion for mouthing off at the referee. I just wish other referees in other games would follow suit.

Spot on.

Hunt could have gone too for the closed fist, swinging arm to the head.

But you'd consider yourself pretty unlucky to be sent off these days when the referees can take the easier "on report" option.