What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since Franchise Mode is in the sequel....come in here plz.

ethos

Live Update Team
Have something like Tackle Technique so that players with a higher technique would be more inclined to tackle around the legs and choose to tackle up high when appropriate. Players with a low stat would be jersey grabbers, less effective at tackling.

Have both technique and the origional tackle statistic so players could have a poor technique but still be able to get the opposing player to the ground.

Also, make sure that players with a lower tackle technique and the origional tackle stat are more likely to get injured when they attempt a tackle.

Ya with me? :D

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
yer ya should be able 2 get hurt when you make a tackle if u have bad technique, theres an animation in the game where you bounce off the player and it looks like u dislocated your shoulder, wat do u reckon mario, 6-7 weeks on the sideline?

Alan Shore

First Grade
Long-term injuries and suspensions are a must. Video referee would be nice, and a gripe I keep having to raise is that I can't re-shuffle the lineup mid game! I can't copy the Sharks current IRL strategy where Hilder moves to lock, a backrower comes off and Sullivan goes on at hooker.

bippy

Juniors
Shaun said:
A Footy Show. How easy would that be ????

dude, your an idiot. Like Madden's wrap up show,f*ckwit:roll:

HAVE A FOOTY SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your the tool of the week :lol:

Oi man this is the second instalement, How many has Madden Had?
I'll be happy with Dally M points it just says who won it. Not a big presentation

Iafeta

Referee
An idea from Madden and NBA Live 2004; a Draft???

I know its distinctly not NRL, but imagine having a fantasy draft of being able to pick the players you'd most like to see in the NRL. Maybe each club at the beginning of it could make say 10 players untouchable players, and the rest all go into a fantasy draft?

It'd only be an option, not something you necessarily have to use.

Suggestions for Franchise Mode
I'll start from the beginning...

You choose a team to play with.
You enter the season. For here the menu says:

Calendar - Simulate Games up to a certain point
Play Next Game - Play next game
Training - Use points earned from winning, tries scored etc to train your team and build up stats. Thes "Dynasty Points" can be built up for the rest of the Franchise
Roster Management - Here you can Trade players, Sign Free Agents, Release Players, Set Line-up, Choose Strategies
Stats Central - See all types of stats including summary, history, Dally M Points etc
Quit

After you play a season you enter off-season.

steps are involved here:

1. Re-sign Players- Happens at end of season otherwise too confusing, salary cap included
2. Extend Contracts - Re-Negotiate Contracts
3. Scouting - Get Juniors from clubs and areas
4. Sign Free Agents - Sign left over players - Salry Cap included
5. Trade Players
6. Off-Season Training - "Dynasty Points"
7. Start Next Season

Notes:

- Man of the Match after every game
- At the end of the season an award ceromy is viewed (NBA 2004)
- Salary Cap can be turned off[/b]

Blunty

Juniors
Have training sessions pre season as well as mid season. As people have said, training gives you attributes to add to players like in Madden 2004. Like do them with single players, like tackling drills or sprinting, tackle busting and the likes. Also have younger players get better with match experience, and add random new players in each year in a franchise mode, so that rookies are always coming in, and they can always get better. They don't need to be random completely, for example names of players playing Jersey Flegg at the moment could be introduced after 3 or 4 seasons of a franchise. Buying players after June 30 is a must with constant updates and stuff throughout the season, saying who is going where. Have players switch teams on the AI's part as well not just by you buying someone. I agree with the stats ideas, out of 100 is a must with extra things to base the stats on, which as been said. One other thing before I go is that in interchange screens, and squad screens and the like, player 'real' photo should pop up when you have highlighted that particular player, with a little profile next to the photo or something. A 'paper' in the franchise mode is also a good idea, that could be where you see the updates on player movements and the likes. Anyway just my 2 cents, would like to see all of this, or at least some of it in the game.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
make sure other teams try to buy your players "Andrew johns has been offered a 4 year deal from south sydney for $3.2m. Andrew is close to signing"

swish..........

NZtiger

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
make sure other teams try to buy your players "Andrew johns has been offered a 4 year deal from south sydney for $3.2m. Andrew is close to signing"

swish..........

HELL YEAH! WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

Parra_Boy

Juniors
If we are going to make the Franchise Mode in the next NRL game wouldn't it be smart to have June30th anti-tampering dead line in there asewel? If they are going to make a realistic Franchise mode it has to be in there, then have the off season preparing the team bonding trip somewhere, training scheduels and maybe fan days to boost crowds for the following year and boost team passion and pride for their club?

as much as they can manage within their limitations. in terms of what you can do within the game currently, it is far behind games of 1996. You look at games like madden, nba live, nhl, they've had franchise modes for years and their 1998 editions had much more advanced options than nrl 2003. of course you have to take into account that it's only gonna be sidhe's second ever major sports game title. give them time and the right motivation, you can watch it flourish

Evil Homer

Staff member
raiders_lover_18 said:
Suggestions for Franchise Mode
I'll start from the beginning...

You choose a team to play with.
You enter the season. For here the menu says:

Calendar - Simulate Games up to a certain point
Play Next Game - Play next game
Training - Use points earned from winning, tries scored etc to train your team and build up stats. Thes "Dynasty Points" can be built up for the rest of the Franchise
Roster Management - Here you can Trade players, Sign Free Agents, Release Players, Set Line-up, Choose Strategies
Stats Central - See all types of stats including summary, history, Dally M Points etc
Quit

After you play a season you enter off-season.

steps are involved here:

1. Re-sign Players- Happens at end of season otherwise too confusing, salary cap included
2. Extend Contracts - Re-Negotiate Contracts
3. Scouting - Get Juniors from clubs and areas
4. Sign Free Agents - Sign left over players - Salry Cap included
5. Trade Players
6. Off-Season Training - "Dynasty Points"
7. Start Next Season

Notes:

- Man of the Match after every game
- At the end of the season an award ceromy is viewed (NBA 2004)
- Salary Cap can be turned off[/b]

Dynasty points,classy.You could get,say,10 points for a win,1 point for a try scored,2 for a try scored from further out and so on.You could get 100 points at the start of every off season too...

A replay where you can re-wind it and play it in slow mo and from different angles(like in ISS 64?ever played that), starting from the last play the ball, would be nice as well.

bucko

Juniors
Being able to talk to individual players, for a coaches perspective mid week, at training and before during and after games would be interesting. Being able to tell a player your happy/unhappy with him, he should try harder, you should play off the fringes of the ruck etc etc. Might feel more like your coaching a player, and it could temporarily boost or drop certain stats...

raidersfan

Juniors
Each club should give Sidhe a list of around 15 junior player from Premier league and jersey flegg With correct stats so you could have a 10 year season and you could do heaps of signings and you'd be able to have a pool of 75 players to sign plus whoever is off contract. Also once someone reaches a certain age eg 33 or 34 they retire.

Latest posts