What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since the NRL has begun....

Tom Shines

First Grade
Tigers in 05 — probably went to about ten of their games with a mate during the season, and you could see them grow into a premiership force.

azzah72

Bench
effnic said:
2001. Knights. (Anyone to beat the scum.)
2003. Fairytale Panthers ( I watched this grand final dvd the other day and all i can say is wtf has happened to Priddis he was a machine i tells ya.)
2005. Fairytale Tigers

Every odd year has been "fairlytale" like, 2007 fairytale this year?

But who?

Titans - First year Triumph?
Canberra - Considered wooden spooners and defy the odds?
Cronulla - Haven't won the premiership, finally break the hoodoo?

Who else?

I'd like the third obviously ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
azzah72 said:

But who?

Who else?

Manly-The Evil empire returns to crush the trend of fairytale grand finals on odd numbered years...;-)

Sharks, Premiership :lol:

Shagsta

Juniors
I'm a Tigers fan that 2005 was great for me.

Apart from that, Penrith did it in style in 2003 and I was cheering them on.

johns_reds

First Grade
azzah72 said:

But who?

Who else?

I'd like to see cowboys get up, not so much a fairy tale but would be great to see them get there first, and to do it before cronulla would be even better :)

panthersballboy

Juniors
Tigers in 05 was good to see. Just they way they played footy you couldn't help but admire them, they just seemed like they were having fun while winning the comp. Although it would have been better if they beat a hated team in the GF and not another likeable team in the cowboys.

2001 was a bit of a shock with the Knights beating Parra. Being a westie I did feel sorry for my fellow westies in Parra, there fans had been waiting a while and that was their best chance in the last 10 years.

Bench
Penrith in 2003 was a good gutsy win in trying conditions,a shame some players from that game havent found their old form.

m0j0

Bench
Because my wife is a Tigers fan, of course I got right behind them in 2005. I even went to the GF, and did the unthinkable by removing my Roosters jersey after the premier league game and putting on a Tigers shirt to jump on the bandwagon for the night.
2001 was another year - being a born and bred Novocastrian, I jumped on the Knights bandwagon after the Roosters were punted. Made a small fortune on betting for this game with the result and a couple of exotics all paying off.

On the flip-side, I couldn't get interested in the 2006 GF or the '98 game.

LESStar58

Referee
Panthers in 03.

And I really wanted the Cows to win in 05 but it was good for the game that the Tiges got it!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Tigers. Because they beat the Dragons. I only wish Parramatta could have beaten the Cowboys because an in form Eels side against the flashy Tigers would have been an awesome Grandfinal.

Big Pete

Referee
Since being a supporter of Rugby League since 2000...

2001: Supported Parramatta as to me they were the lesser of two evils but I didn't mind if Newcastle won. Got sick of Newcastle by the end of the game though.

2002: Supported the Roosters as they were my second favourite team at the time and the Warriors were from NZ ffs! Had to support the Aussie team even if they beat the Broncos.

2003: Supported Penrith. Grew sick of how dominating the Roosters team had become and joined the Penrith bandwagon early the season (Round 5 or 6, they were just exciting to watch).

2004: Roosters as they were the lesser of two evils. Wasn't really into this grand final and thought the Cowboys were dudded not to be there.

2005: Cowboys as they were the real underdogs. Although I joined the Tigers bandwagon after that great 37-36 victory over the Dogs, got sick of them when they flogged the Cowboys as they were THE team.

JW

Coach
Pemruff '03.

That was an awesome night.

I was also cheering fairly heavily for the Cows in '05 as well, but it was obviously a win/win situation that night. Very happy to see the Tigers take the trophy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big Pete said:
Since being a supporter of Rugby League since 2000...

2001: Supported Parramatta as to me they were the lesser of two evils but I didn't mind if Newcastle won. Got sick of Newcastle by the end of the game though.

2002: Supported the Roosters as they were my second favourite team at the time and the Warriors were from NZ ffs! Had to support the Aussie team even if they beat the Broncos.

2003: Supported Penrith. Grew sick of how dominating the Roosters team had become and joined the Penrith bandwagon early the season (Round 5 or 6, they were just exciting to watch).

2004: Roosters as they were the lesser of two evils. Wasn't really into this grand final and thought the Cowboys were dudded not to be there.

2005: Cowboys as they were the real underdogs. Although I joined the Tigers bandwagon after that great 37-36 victory over the Dogs, got sick of them when they flogged the Cowboys as they were THE team.
Pete, I think you just told us your life story ;-)

I liked the Panthers win in '03.
It got weird because I was taking up Penrith all year as part of a main page parody... then they got up for real.

Big Pete

Referee
Willow said:
Pete, I think you just told us your life story ;-)

I liked the Panthers win in '03.
It got weird because I was taking Penrith up all year as part of some main page parody... then they got up for real.

:crazy: You're being very persistant Willow. :p

What's the next topic you're willing to shoot me down in? ;-)

Latest posts