What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

since we will have heaps of cap space next season..

Broncos fan!

Juniors
IF Boyd will come home...he will want 300K minimum

I don't know... If Bennett were to come here then I'm sure he wouldn't be asking too much. (not saying he is or anything...) What position would you play him? His best position is easily fulback but Hoffman is going too well to move. You wouldn't play him on the wing for what you would be paying him. So that leaves centre or five eighth. He wouldn't be a bad option in the centres in my opinion. I think he would be a lot better there now than he was back when he was playing there for us. Plus who knows what Hodges is going to do because he comes up off contract soon and he is getting on and is so injury prone these days so he would leave a massive gap in the centres and would leave us without a 'strike' player in the backs. Not saying we should try and get Boyd back but I wouldn't complain if we did sign him (as long as it was for a decent amount).

As i mentioned in the other thread, a bit left of field, but Quade Cooper could be an option. Very talented and has shown some interest in League? Just a suggestion...

I remember last year there was talk of David Shillington wanting to live in Brisbane or something along those lines. No idea what his current contract is. Hes been pretty disappointing this year though.

Securing our current crop of players and youngsters is my biggest priority though.

NFI

Juniors
invest effort & future confidence in Norman and not loose him like Barnes & K.Hunt, Taylor etc

Mr Fourex

Bench
Who is on the market ?:?

We still got cap left from the inglis deal and now lockyer going as well.

Thurston only has one year left on his deal with the cowboys after this year......

Could be an option to buy it out and get him at Brisbane.

IMHO he is THE player Brisbane should be pulling out all stops to get.

Fingerbang

Bench
Everyone keeps saying how much cap room the Broncos will have next year when Locky retires. Ummm, I thought he was getting most of his pay packet in third party payments, and his contract (cap money) was only like $7.50 a week, and a packet of salted nuts.

Season vet

Juniors
Good luck finding a roster like the old days, Your skipper was the last one. Lets see him out first.

Last edited:

bronco_buddy

Juniors
I think they'll have a crack at Boyd & Cooper. You can't read anything into the 'not interested' headline @ Quad Cooper. You can't take anything the club says at face value at the moment.