What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size beat you, Nathan

Danish

Referee
Where Eagles Dare said:
Kooriguy, Slater Tate and Hunt don't come into it. It was between Hayne, El Masri and Merrit, and as someone said, Hayne is bigger, El Masri is the world's best goalkicker. I would have picked Merrit over Hayne, but obviously the selectors saw differently. In regards to the article, there's a difference between scientific differences and simply being racist. If you read an article saying that men can't have babies because they lack a uterus, would you claim it was sexist?

It is own god given right to have babies.....

The foetus can gestate in a box.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
NGR said:
aborigines are not genetically smaller in size than anglo australians... thats a load of rubbish, they are smaller in general because so many live below the poverty line thus they are malnourished...

Are asians malnourished too? Indians?

Youre obviously one of these head-in-the-sand people who dont acknowledge overall racial differences. Until of course they demonstrate an advantage that some other race has over anglo-saxons. Typical leftist politically correct BS.

Here's a question for you. Do african men have bigger c**ks than anglo-saxons?

Achillies

Juniors
Ok then,lets say for a minute that the selectors did have valid reasons for not picking Nathan Merrit.How do you then explain players like Peachey,Blacklock and Mundine not getting a fair run at rep footy? Go back to 99 when the Sharks played the dragons in the preliminary final Mundine was the best 5/8 in the game,Peachey was at his peak and Blacklock was scoring a try a game,yet none of them got a run for the blues.The only aboriginal players to play for australia in recent years have been from QLD.NSW selectors had and still have problem picking aboriginal players.Nathan Merrit should stand by his original comments.There was no valid reason for him to not get a run.

t-ba

Post Whore
ToiletDuck said:
Are asians malnourished too? Indians?

Japanese people are getting bigger with every generation. It's amazing what a diet that consists of more than a bit of rice and some fish has done for the size of the average Japanese person.

Aren't Indians Asians?

Youre obviously one of these head-in-the-sand people who dont acknowledge overall racial differences. Until of course they demonstrate an advantage that some other race has over anglo-saxons. Typical leftist politically correct BS.

Hardly. There are a number of genetic differences, but variance in size typically has a lot more to do with diet and lifestyle culmunitively over generations than it does with 'genetics.' That's why in PNG the Highlanders tend to be smaller than the Coastal Tribes-Those living close to the Ocean have had access to a regular supply of protein that their Highlander Brethren have been missing out on.

Here's a question for you. Do african men have bigger c**ks than anglo-saxons?

Urban Legend.

fourplay

Juniors
Anyone who denies differences between races are blind. Maori's = biggest, asians = smallest. Aboriginies = smaller than whites. You only have to step outside in the real world to see this.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol yeah, but that actually underlines the racism.

If the selectors have gone "Merritt is aboriginal, so he must be too small" without actually taking into account how big MERRITT is (not that small!), well that's the definition of selecting on the basis of race!

Azkatro

First Grade
They've picked lots of aboriginals before, but very few of them fit the stereotype of an aboriginal footballer. Maybe Merritt should stop playing like one.

drake

First Grade
Jesus Christ! Just when I think my country is dragging itself out of the ooze, this trype comes out, and worse, people back it up.

I started to write an entire diatribe on how the different indigenous australians were and are as diverse as Europeans in size, coloration and shape. Then I thought, why bother? I'll just be called a leftist, hippy, commie pinko. Never mind the facts.

I wish all the koori lads I played footy against were small and weedy, and I was a big strong anglo... maybe I wouldn't have gotten hammered so many times.

Racial Stereotyping, where were you when I needed you!?

miccle

Bench
kooriguy said:
how did he miss out because of his size moron he is bigger then hazem and bigger then slater, hunt and tate.

And guess what - here's the BIG THING..... THEY CAN ALL TACKLE BETTER THAN MERRITT.

Deadset, it reeks of Mundine from years ago. Merritt might well feel a little dudded. The way I see it, he is good and it wouldn't have been a surprise to see him get in the team. Likewise, we'd expect Hayne or El Masri to find a little dudded if they missed out too.

Merritt can score tries, but he still has a way to go before he can match the complete style of El Masri.

The MERRITT'S A RACIST! chant went down well tonight too, he glared at me on more than one occassion.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
miccle said:
And guess what - here's the BIG THING..... THEY CAN ALL TACKLE BETTER THAN MERRITT.

Deadset, it reeks of Mundine from years ago. Merritt might well feel a little dudded. The way I see it, he is good and it wouldn't have been a surprise to see him get in the team. Likewise, we'd expect Hayne or El Masri to find a little dudded if they missed out too.

Merritt can score tries, but he still has a way to go before he can match the complete style of El Masri.

The MERRITT'S A RACIST! chant went down well tonight too, he glared at me on more than one occassion.

The complete style? What an unmitigated load of rubbish that is.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Daniel Wagon has Koori blood in him, and he's not small.

Merritt is the form winger of the competition thus far - huge or not.

miccle

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
The complete style? What an unmitigated load of rubbish that is.

Complete as in - he plays every facet of the game well.

Attacking? Tick.

High balls? Tick.

Defence? Tick.

Support play? Tick.

Goalkicking? Tick.

No doubts Merritt is electrifying, but El Masri and Hayne have it all over him in more than a few of these departments.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Love the Haynster...But I'm not sure he's ready for Origin just yet. I mean last night he lost the ball in a simple enough carry back to his 20 metre line...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
miccle said:
Complete as in - he plays every facet of the game well.

Attacking? Tick.

High balls? Tick.

Defence? Tick.

Support play? Tick.

Goalkicking? Tick.

No doubts Merritt is electrifying, but El Masri and Hayne have it all over him in more than a few of these departments.

You don't know what you speak of. Thanks anyway.

miccle

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
You don't know what you speak of. Thanks anyway.

It's my opinion. Ditto that of many league supporters on these forums and the selectors.

Do you seriously think it was his race?

I have stated I rate Merritt as a player. But if I'm picking a rep team, I want players with the most well-rounded and varied skills in their game and El Masri is very much a more solid and consistent player than Merritt.

I know you defend him to the death because he plays for your team. I'm not saying he's crap, I'm saying his claims of racism were over-the-top bullsh*t and that El Masri is quite rightfully ahead of him due to what he does on the field.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
miccle said:
It's my opinion. Ditto that of many league supporters on these forums and the selectors.

Do you seriously think it was his race?

I have stated I rate Merritt as a player. But if I'm picking a rep team, I want players with the most well-rounded and varied skills in their game and El Masri is very much a more solid and consistent player than Merritt.

I know you defend him to the death because he plays for your team. I'm not saying he's crap, I'm saying his claims of racism were over-the-top bullsh*t and that El Masri is quite rightfully ahead of him due to what he does on the field.

It's a pointless argument. But no, ofcourse it wasn't racial.

Latest posts