What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skinflint Management

Edwahu

Bench
Raiders management are loaded. They own a truckload of licensed clubs which are packed to the gills with pokies. Unless they are rorting something royal or re-investing every spare cent they should have plenty of spare cash.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Edwahu said:
Raiders management are loaded. They own a truckload of licensed clubs which are packed to the gills with pokies. Unless they are rorting something royal or re-investing every spare cent they should have plenty of spare cash.

exactly, so why cant they afford to cover the measely 3500 for players partners?
something drastic wrong with our finances or just them being tightarsed merkins... either way its not good

Edwahu

Bench
Hawkins would get sacked long before it ever got to the stage that we couldnt afford 3500. Its just somebody in the organization who is unfortunately a very angry, tightarse man.

thickos

First Grade
This is ridiculous, but what else do we expect these days?

The Raiders build their image on being the 'community club', just have a look at next year's marketing brochures, all this feel good stuff about the Raiders being in tune with the grass roots and always being strongly supported by the locals.

If the players' families will be against the club over this, what hope do we have?

BAY72

Juniors
holy sh*t...

this is dead set the worst club in history!!

If I were in their position there is no way I'd be going. how utterly disrespectful to the parteners of the players.

It's as if the club need to give everone (players included) another reason to hate them.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry to intrude, the thread title just caught my eye...

If money was the problem, why didn't the club just schedule the dinner for a venue that costs half as much (eg $50 each), then they could've paid for twice as many people to come... and with more people at the function could have bargained for a better-valued catering deal to boot?

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Thats a very good point Bartman. Parliament house costs a lot more to have a funtion at because of the security needed etc. I also went to a wedding there once and the groom was saying it cost them about $80 a head (including food and drinks). So the club is probably charging more than cost price anyway.

Just another reason why I beleive they have monkeys on typewriters down at Raiders HQ.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Add to the fact that only one Raiders club is affected by NSW Poker Machine tax. The clowns running this club have no clue.

Paullyboy

Coach
If it makes you feel any better the exact thing just happened at the Brisbane Lions AFL dinner up here - there was a bit of a fracus about it up here and no sponsor came to the rescue on that occasion.

If I were the players Id be happy though - nothing like getting a night on the grog with your mates without the girls, and the even better thing is that they cant get pissy at you

raider_ktj

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
This just caps off a sh*t year
Oh come on it wasnt that bad, i mean we only finished second last, lost games we shouldve carved up, didnt really make any good signings, and next year doesnt look like its goin to get any better... but i wouldnt call it a sh!t year! :lol:

Copa

Bench
Despite where we ended up on the ladder I actually enjoted this year more than last year.

Back to the thread topic..... how tight can the club be?? and after some thought... how tight are some of the players??? some of them make good money.

Raider_69

Post Whore
For the players i dont think it would be about the money but more the principle of the entire debarcle. The players partners are there through thick and thin, all season, win or loss, they should have to right to enjoy their night with the players free of charge

greeneyed

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
If it makes you feel any better the exact thing just happened at the Brisbane Lions AFL dinner up here - there was a bit of a fracus about it up here and no sponsor came to the rescue on that occasion.

If I were the players Id be happy though - nothing like getting a night on the grog with your mates without the girls, and the even better thing is that they cant get pissy at you

Should have thought of that! Can always depend on Paully! ;-)

jed

First Grade
I guess that means the Raiders management have had to cancel the lap dancers they'd booked?

:lol:

Sully

Juniors
Jed...

Mate, there is alot of internal sh*te that we don’t know about!

You know the presentation dinner players where issued with 1 ticket and they have to pay $150 ea for their partners, what a disgrace!

As a fan I am embarrassed.

Top management needs to be seriously reviewed!

jed

First Grade
I know Sully, but I'll bet they are able to shell out for other things, just not players partners?

thickos

First Grade
That's the problem... I reckon we cull some nuffies and then everyone can make it along to the presentation night with the money we'd save :D