What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SL Stadium developments

Perth Red

Post Whore
isn’t it a strange position he’s taken by apparently mocking the actions of hull kr trying to increase the crowds and the general all round positivity on a game day at craven park.
Hes butthurt that HKR are doing so well after hes slagged them off in some futile and infantile attempt to troll me.
HKR are the blue print for every small RL club that wants to be a big one. In less than 30 years weve gone from a broke 3rd division club playing in a run down stadium in front of less than 1000 to an A grade SL club challenging for titles in front of sell out crowds. Its glorious to see!

But back on topic, apparently building costs are sky high in UK after Brexit and this is causing clubs major issues in terms of stadium upgrades. The East stand extension has gone from 800k in 2008 to nearly 2million pound today!

Wb1234

Referee
Hes butthurt that HKR are doing so well after hes slagged them off in some futile and infantile attempt to troll me.
HKR are the blue print for every small RL club that wants to be a big one. In less than 30 years weve gone from a broke 3rd division club playing in a run down stadium in front of less than 1000 to an A grade SL club challenging for titles in front of sell out crowds. Its glorious to see!

But back on topic, apparently building costs are sky high in UK after Brexit and this is causing clubs major issues in terms of stadium upgrades. The East stand extension has gone from 800k in 2008 to nearly 2million pound today!
It’s your double standards

and you did copy Toronto the club you said apparently was a failure

the one that has a higher crowd average than hull kr

took you 30 years Toronto did it in 2

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s your double standards

and you did copy Toronto the club you said apparently was a failure

the one that has a higher crowd average than hull kr

took you 30 years Toronto did it in 2
yawn,
back to Super league stadiums....

Cas doing some improvements:

We are pleased to announce that work has started on seating within the Princess Street stand as part of increasing our stadium grading points. Due to ongoing works the Princess Street stand will be closed for the Wigan Challenge Cup fixture and the London Broncos game on the 26th April.
Access to the Princess Street toilets and Cryer & Stott's van will be available via the Wheldon Road end. Turnstiles within this stand will not be available to use. As a result of the ongoing works, stadium capacity for the two fixtures will be reduced to 7500, we are urging fans to buy tickets in advance for these two upcoming fixtures.

Perth Red

Post Whore
More plans for Wakefield.

WAKEFIELD TRINITY are set to broach the idea of a rooftop bar in a new stadium redevelopment plan, owner Matt Ellis has revealed.

Ellis, who took control of Wakefield midway through the 2023 Super League season, has already overseen hefty investment in a brand new coaching and playing squad at the West Yorkshire club.

But now the owner of DIY Kitchens is keen to continue the impressive stadium redevelopment by concentrating on the West Stand following the installation of the new East Stand
Amongst the ideas for the Western terrace is a rooftop bar – something which Ellis is keen to explore.

“I went up to the gantry, I’d never been before. The view off there, it gave me an idea of standing up there with a beer watching the match, it is one of the best views for rugby,” Ellis told BBC Radio Leeds.
“You’re high up, it’s not set too far back. Just imagine in the middle of summer with a bit of music going before the game, drumming up the atmosphere, it would be great.
“I want to put a roof on the Western terrace. We would see more home tickets in there and then if we could do the rooftop terrace, that would be great.
“We have to tidy it up. If you’re doing events in the East Stand and you’re looking over at the Western terrace, it’s not an ideal thing to look at if it’s a birthday party or wedding event.”

Half way line seats as far back as you can get

but watching from behind the posts does give a different perspective which you don’t get on tv anyway bc they don’t use that camera angle
Back in the day at Station Road Swinton, there was a standard admission charge. Once in, you could buy a transfer to the main stand. Aside from that, you could watch from any part of the ground you liked.

It's obviously harder to provide that sort of flexibility in modern all-seater stadia, but it's self-evidently what many people want. Big crowds at CommBank, AAMI, Mount Smart, Suncorp, have swathes of high-vantage empty seats.

Those "fans" who prefer to sit in one spot with a panoramic view tend to choose their sofas.

Wb1234

Referee
Back in the day at Station Road Swinton, there was a standard admission charge. Once in, you could buy a transfer to the main stand. Aside from that, you could watch from any part of the ground you liked.

It's obviously harder to provide that sort of flexibility in modern all-seater stadia, but it's self-evidently what many people want. Big crowds at CommBank, AAMI, Mount Smart, Suncorp, have swathes of high-vantage empty seats.

Those "fans" who prefer to sit in one spot with a panoramic view tend to choose their sofas.
I got pretty much the same seats every time I went to a game regardless of the ground