What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly Unprofessional....

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
I find it hard to believe after all they hype that has gone around about this game and all the pre-orders which have been mounting up, that there is no official release date and yet we are sort of expecting it in a weeks time.

I find this highly unprofessional, im not one to cause trouble, i havent had a bad word to say yet about the game or companies involved but when it gets to around a week before we think the game comes out there is still nothing official and it is still guesswork from game shops etc...

I wish someone would just come forward and give us the OFFICIAL release date !

TripleM

Juniors
What are you talking about? There is an official release date.. its the 12th of December. Its on their website and everything. The only confusion is that, of course, the shops must get it a day or two earlier and people are trying to go there and get it as soon as it arrives.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
So why are us english being told that it is coming out at the same time in different territories, but then we are told that the release date is being held back until the 19th of december i mean whats going on here.

RedV

Juniors
Agree with you Gaz. Sidhe/HES have done an outstanding job up to now, but recently the situation's been nothing short of farcical. It needs sorting out. We have a solid release date for Australia/New Zealand (or do we?), but nothing over here. Indeed, as I posted in an earlier thread, I rung the distributors Alternative Software and outlet, Gamesters within 5 minutes and got totally different answers! Sums things up really.
This isn't about impatience.....ok, it is, I can't wait to play it. But I feel a bit aggrieved that we're still guessing.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
RedV said:
Agree with you Gaz. Sidhe/HES have done an outstanding job up to now, but recently the situation's been nothing short of farcical. It needs sorting out. We have a solid release date for Australia/New Zealand (or do we?), but nothing over here. Indeed, as I posted in an earlier thread, I rung the distributors Alternative Software and outlet, Gamesters within 5 minutes and got totally different answers! Sums things up really.
This isn't about impatience.....ok, it is, I can't wait to play it. But I feel a bit aggrieved that we're still guessing.

Finally, someone sees my point of view, Its alright for the aussies and new zealanders, they have the game on the 12th but what do us brits do? I have noticed in this thread the aussies dont really give a crap as long as they have the game which i can understand but which p****s me off as they seem to be getting better info and updates than what we do, yet we are the ones trying to help the companies bring the game to england and sell as many copies as possible.

They are going to get a lot of money from us brits so its about time we got a decent update !

Erhan

Juniors
Perhaps its the distributors fault in the UK, not Sidhe's. There's obviously uncertianty in the supply chain, but that doesnt necessarily mean it's the game makers fault.

westhull

Juniors
I have to agree with my fellow Brits on the UK release part...it is a bit hit and miss... whoever you ring.. email or talk to you gives you a different reply..i'm not blaming anyone... i just think that it would be nice to be kept firmly in the loop

ps Gaz where in Lincs do you live?

Priddo

Juniors
god you poms are morons have alook a few pages back in this forum...open up some of the threads and you should find on more then one occasion it was said to come out a week or 2 later in the UK.

Razor

Coach
OoOGazOoO said:
So why are us english being told that it is coming out at the same time in different territories, but then we are told that the release date is being held back until the 19th of december i mean whats going on here.

Blame the UK distributer, not Sidhe.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Priddo said:
god you poms are morons have alook a few pages back in this forum...open up some of the threads and you should find on more then one occasion it was said to come out a week or 2 later in the UK.

I only wish the Aussie release date was still uncertain.How would you feel not knowing wether to keep an order with GP store in NZ or just buy it from the shop around the corner in Wigan? Im not that bothered if the release for UK is the 19th.After all the waiting then i can spare 1 more week as long as the 19th is a definate date and i know where i stand regarding buying the game.It was Mario who told us that the UK version may have a slight delay but on the Trublu website it states that the game will be released in all territorys at the same time.What are we supposed to believe?

I have no problems wth Sidhe or HES,just Alternative who seem to be telling one person one thing and another person another thing.Do they not have any contact with the manufacturers?

Goleel

Juniors
If you've got the spare cash, keep the pre-order and buy one on release date from the UK if it comes out before you get your pre-order one from NZ, since stock in the UK is low, there'll be a fairly healthy demand for copies of RL over there, and you could probably sell yours on eBay or something similar for a tidy profit once the initial UK shipment is sold out. Could be a solution to your problem if you don't mind selling one copy.

Latest posts