What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

smi962

First Grade
Sounds good but rather a story like this came out half way through the season after he had the runs on the board , as it just ramps up the pressure of expectation a bit more. If he and Bud have good to very good seasons it will have make an enormous difference to where we end up on the table.
Agree. Stories generally come out way too early at the Dragons; just think about “the hardest preseason ever” story that gets brought out in the media most seasons

SnowDragon

Juniors
Still, I'm glad to see a positive story after the last months, and I just hope it's spot on. Sloan was super exciting to start, and although he needs to develop, for me the upside always was there and I thought he should have been playing more. True, Cody took the position when healthy, and made it impossible to drop him, but Sloan's upside is huge. Can't wait to see him this year

Divine

Bench
Agree. Stories generally come out way too early at the Dragons; just think about “the hardest preseason ever” story that gets brought out in the media most seasons
Definitely been the hardest for me. The best part of the St Helen's game is the pre-season is officially over!

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Big Gus was supposedly after Bud

Big Wayne was supposedly after Sloan

While ever there was interest Hook was a dinosaur, a this and a that, plus some

So when young blokes egos are pandered too it’s tantrum time and when that all stops and reality sets in evidently a few home truths ain’t so bad.

Player manager’s are the scum of the earth.
I seriously can't believe people trust blokes like Tartak.

BLM01

First Grade
Big Gus was supposedly after Bud

Big Wayne was supposedly after Sloan

While ever there was interest Hook was a dinosaur, a this and a that, plus some

So when young blokes egos are pandered too it’s tantrum time and when that all stops and reality sets in evidently a few home truths ain’t so bad.

Player manager’s are the scum of the earth.
They are not the scum of the earth. just people who are given way to much power and reliance upon

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Sloans looking like he is enjoying his footy, looks nice and sharp.. josh kerr is having a cracker, unfortunate sinbin but love the aggression.. he just wants the ball and is taking the game on headfirst, that tackle is the same as most first hitups in any origin or finals game no malice in it

justadragon

Bench
Even though he was on the wing I cant wait to see him from FB, but our team has to learn a couple of things, firstly early ball to the centers and make space for Sloan to chime in, he will be wasted doing anything else.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not sure snow dragon, i havent seen anything either, I just reacted to a previous post, i hope its not just BS i really felt sorry for the kid.
If Tyrell's nan has passed away, I feel sure that it would have been on several social media and news bulletins by now. I doubt that this has occurred. I've spoken to a friend who said that Tyrell was emotional after the game and that in Tyrell's opinion didn't play well enough. He didn't mention anything about his nan though.

I feel that Tyrell is putting too much pressure on himself and he should just try and play his natural game.

blacksafake

First Grade
If Tyrell's nan has passed away, I feel sure that it would have been on several social media and news bulletins by now. I doubt that this has occurred. I've spoken to a friend who said that Tyrell was emotional after the game and that in Tyrell's opinion didn't play well enough. He didn't mention anything about his nan though.

I feel that Tyrell is putting too much pressure on himself and he should just try and play his natural game.
Would probably help if the coach showed some confidence in him. I know Hook said the other day that he’s our number one but let’s see how that pans out.