What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

Victoire

Juniors
Clearly. And clearly you look through rose covered glasses.
He needs to go back to 2nd grade to reclaim his feet.
Again learn how to read (foresee) the play.
He need confidence to enable his decision making process to be immediate.
How many times has he backed off when a high ball heads his way?
My experience- it would do him the world of good.

A good example- Sam Walker. He cleaned us up on ANZAC day. Ask Robbo.

Sloan needs to accelerate his self improvement immediately. He need confidence in his body contact action. He can’t tackle. - at all.

He wants Fullback money but will more often than not hand the ball off and let someone else hit the line.

Remember- if it wasn’t for a series of unfortunate events beset on Cody Ramsey he wouldn’t even wear the St. George Illawarra jersey.

I stand by my remarks as a Dragons patriot who at 60 has seen all of Saints rises and falls.

Draginzaaar

Bench

Sloan needs to accelerate his self improvement immediately. He need confidence in his body contact action. He can’t tackle. - at all.

He wants Fullback money but will more often than not hand the ball off and let someone else hit the line.

Remember- if it wasn’t for a series of unfortunate events beset on Cody Ramsey he wouldn’t even wear the St. George Illawarra jersey.

I stand by my remarks as a Dragons patriot who at 60 has seen all of Saints rises and falls.
Can't tackle at all? Really? I've seen him make some great tackles.

st.phil

Bench
He needs to do a few games back in. Park footy. Learn how to tackle learn how to read play - in the slower motion of second grade.
He needs to know there is more to a game of rugby league then being out in the clear and scoring tries with the line wide open.
Unless that is the case he appears to not have much of a clue.
Maybe he should be an Olympic runner.
He’s a quick bugger - he might win a gold medal.
worst

SBD82

Coach

That’s certainly a lot of words.

FlickFlano

Juniors
did you know that for fullbacks with more than 5 games this year that Sloan is number 3 for tackle effectiveness.
He is 4th for one on one tackles behind Brimson/Manu/Tuivasa who are not full time fullbacks.

When he is in position he makes his tackles, he is also getting into the right positions a lot more frequently now given he has an actual coach.

People still think they are watching the bloke from a year or so back under hook and not the player he actually is now ... but haters gunna hate.

Needs to work on reducing his errors which is also trending the right way now too. He is adding try assists and should have had another one last game too if Rava could catch.

All in all, a developing player who is not the best fullback in the comp but these days is not the worst either.

Good luck to the bloke on his development and deserved extension.

did you know that for fullbacks with more than 5 games this year that Sloan is number 3 for tackle effectiveness.
He is 4th for one on one tackles behind Brimson/Manu/Tuivasa who are not full time fullbacks.

When he is in position he makes his tackles, he is also getting into the right positions a lot more frequently now given he has an actual coach.

People still think they are watching the bloke from a year or so back under hook and not the player he actually is now ... but haters gunna hate.

Needs to work on reducing his errors which is also trending the right way now too. He is adding try assists and should have had another one last game too if Rava could catch.

All in all, a developing player who is not the best fullback in the comp but these days is not the worst either.

Good luck to the bloke on his development and deserved extension.
Great post

Maybe my glasses are not so heavily tinted with rose after all.

The other bloke's glasses, however, probably came with a white cane and a dog.

Crush

Coach
He wont sign for anything less than a 3 year deal the 2 year deal has been on the table since Pre Season
500K for a starting NRL fullback isn’t great coin. If he had confidence in himself he’d take the 2 year deal and look for a bigger contract next one, more like 800K.
But sounds like he doesn’t have that confidence, trying to lock in a 3 year deal at 500k, he’ll be the lowest paid fullback in the NRL…

TheRev

First Grade
He wont get an NRL contract with any other club, they all have far better options.. the brigade of 18-19-20yr olds at quite a few of those clubs are already close to surpassing him.

Sloans all we got.. so be it, but unless hes going to play reserve grade (or go to england), this is his only play.. Shane will also have him hungry given he is playing for a contract.

sammymills

Juniors

The reason Sam walker kicked over the back on Anzac Day and they scored was because Sloan was out of position. Why you may ask? Well because he had just put a brilliant one-on-one ball and all trysaver on Egan butcher who had a 20m head of steam, as a result of our shit fowards not being able to defend. Give the kid a break

BLM01

First Grade
500K for a starting NRL fullback isn’t great coin. If he had confidence in himself he’d take the 2 year deal and look for a bigger contract next one, more like 800K.
But sounds like he doesn’t have that confidence, trying to lock in a 3 year deal at 500k, he’ll be the lowest paid fullback in the NRL…
And people forget, these days if players excel or lift they get an extension or upgrade before the current one expires if a club is scared to lose them thanks to greedy PM's prior to a so called Nov 1 deadline when players a free game if in their last year