What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

FlickFlano

Juniors
well .. forget the single image and watch the video .. it starts with Flano shaking Sloanies hand.

As far as sloans tackling goes, of the full time fullbacks only Bula has more one on one tackles than Sloan.

He had an ordinary tackling game against the Broncos, no hiding that. Was in position and attempted the tackles we are ranting about so immediately better than Dufty who would have been diving for intercepts rather than attempting the tackle.

This is a complete coaching/technique issue right now for Sloan and something a bloke like Coops could seriously help with. I expect in a fortnight Flano will name Sloan at 1 vs the Panthers and there will be two weeks of solid tackling drills for him between now and then.

TheRev

First Grade
I would love to know what Flanno said to him after the game
I actually think he would have been pretty positive, more of a chin-up son chat.... I mean obviously he will address the missed tackles, but I wasnt sure how Sloan was gonna respond to the tryrades of abuse that the Broncos sent his way.. but it didnt seem to crumple him or anything... he was alright for about 50mins.. 1 dropped contested bomb iirc.. but otherwise alright.. the missed tackles are an ongoing issue for me.. and he prob did enough in 2 of them if he had of had some support.

Latest posts