What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels' new halves pairing set to fix an old weakness

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He might.

I'm fairly certain the plan is to play Hopoate at fulback when he gets here, which means Hayne to 6 if he's not there already. That's if he's still at the club.

As for Hayne shifting this year, it all depends on how Roberts goes. Both form and injury.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
imo roberts best position is a bench utility.

best combination for me is

1. hayne
7. sandow
6. maguire
9. keating
14. roberts

BigErn

Juniors
He might.

I'm fairly certain the plan is to play Hopoate at fulback when he gets here, which means Hayne to 6 if he's not there already. That's if he's still at the club.

As for Hayne shifting this year, it all depends on how Roberts goes. Both form and injury.

But I thought you said Reni would play 6...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But I thought you said Reni would play 6...

So you should have no trouble finding a quote then.

I said if Reni spends any time at 6. And then I said I only think that would happen if Sandow or Roberts got injured (if Sandow's injured, Roberts moves to 7).

But if everybody's healthy then Maitua will play as the left edge forward in jersey number 13.

That's what I reckon. I think if Reni wears 6 then something has gone wrong. Probably injury.

BigErn

Juniors
So you should have no trouble finding a quote then.

I said if Reni spends any time at 6. And then I said I only think that would happen if Sandow or Roberts got injured (if Sandow's injured, Roberts moves to 7).

But if everybody's healthy then Maitua will play as the left edge forward in jersey number 13.

That's what I reckon. I think if Reni wears 6 then something has gone wrong. Probably injury.

Yesss, but you said that "as for hayne shifting this year, it all depends how Roberts goes. Both form and injury". So who is it that you have replacing Roberts? Hayne or Reni??? at which point I said: I thought you said Reni...

Parra Pride

Coach
He might.

It's a bit late to shift him there again this year, next year could be a different story though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yesss, but you said that "as for hayne shifting this year, it all depends how Roberts goes. Both form and injury". So who is it that you have replacing Roberts? Hayne or Reni??? at which point I said: I thought you said Reni...

Ah ok.

So personally, I reckon Maitua will play 6 before Hayne does. At least this year. Since Hayne at fullback will be such a key part of our attack, moving him will disrupt that too much. Reni, on the other hand, is easy to move from left edge forward to five-eighth because the two positions are right next to each other in both attack and defence.

That's just my guess though; Kearney might have different ideas.

lingard

Coach
Ah ok.

So personally, I reckon Maitua will play 6 before Hayne does. At least this year. Since Hayne at fullback will be such a key part of our attack, moving him will disrupt that too much. Reni, on the other hand, is easy to move from left edge forward to five-eighth because the two positions are right next to each other in both attack and defence.

That's just my guess though; Kearney might have different ideas.

Would Kearney have different ideas from yours? He`s a brave man.

SDM

First Grade
I hope the entire first grade squad play shit all year. But I will be glad to be proven wrong.

Death-riding on the fence 101, am I doing it right?

Latest posts