What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion SMH Top 50 NRL Players - Season 2024

ACTPanthers

Bench
Tapine has played in one grand final you intellectual void.

But they are not the important stat for a prop.

There is no better prop in the game than Joseph Tapine. This is an objective fact. Therefore, any prop not named Joseph Tapine who appears higher than he does is a grave error in judgement.
HA HA HA yeah and JFH has played in 4, but won 3... You absolute f**king tard. Comprehension not exactly your forte is it bro?

Jesus I hope you don't breed.

Munky

Coach
Tapine and Papali'i have been JFH and Leota's bitches since 2020.

Round 7 2022 the Raiders couldn't get out of their half and ran for over a thousand metres less than Penrith.

Not to forget round 21 2022 where they couldn't make inroads and still got blown out against a team with SoS and Fido in the halves.

Last edited:
This list would have been picked with the finalizing draft made on a round table with all the judges present. Any final arguments would have been decided on seniority, so there would have been mild ego clashes.

Probably the reasoning behind some unpopular selections.

Maybe at this seasons end, LU could form some kind of a poll for the top 50 players for season 2025, and not on past reputation.

The SMH's methodology was described when they started the series of article. I summarised the process back in my initial post that started this thread.

Based on what I'd read, I don't think they got together around a table at all.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I like how this thread has descended into arguing which Kiwi prop is the best. I'm happy with them all (and TBF none of them are quite as good as peak Bromwich).

At any rate the list is clearly a troll as evidenced by Walsh.

Also, grand finals won as metric for any argument is just stupid.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I like how this thread has descended into arguing which Kiwi prop is the best. I'm happy with them all (and TBF none of them are quite as good as peak Bromwich).

At any rate the list is clearly a troll as evidenced by Walsh.

Also, grand finals won as metric for any argument is just stupid.
What about an argument about who's won more GF's?

Look, I know it's dumb but when skeepe says that Tapine is the best prop without question, it's free game as far as stupid goes...

Munky

Coach
Since his sole GF appearance and loss Tapine has played five games against Penrith.

Averaging 74 metres a game. Papa has atleast averaged over 100m.

Has lost all five with a combined score of 173 to 46.

Which leads to one question:

Why did Penrith kick a field goal against these nuffies?

MrBlack

Juniors
Since his sole GF appearance and loss Tapine has played five games against Penrith.

Averaging 74 metres a game. Papa has atleast averaged over 100m.

Has lost all five with a combined score of 173 to 46.

Which leads to one question:

Why did Penrith kick a field goal against these nuffies?
Great stats.

Cant be the best prop in the world if you cant dominate in the big games.

skeepe

Immortal
What about an argument about who's won more GF's?

Look, I know it's dumb but when skeepe says that Tapine is the best prop without question, it's free game as far as stupid goes...
My sweet summer child.

You still have a lot to learn about this place.

Black Panther

Juniors
Joseph Tapine not in the top 5 forwards in the league is a shit take.

There’s not a prop in the game who’s better. Carrigan? AFB? JFH? Get the f**k outta here.
Tapine has played in one grand final you intellectual void.

But they are not the important stat for a prop.

There is no better prop in the game than Joseph Tapine. This is an objective fact. Therefore, any prop not named Joseph Tapine who appears higher than he does is a grave error in judgement.
JFH and Leota both better than him you flog.

T-Boon

Coach
Who are the top 50 Penrith Panthers players in the NRL today?

Just an idea for next year. I don't really care about the others.
Penrith certainly have a big welfare class advantage over the rest.