What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith - He made the people happy

pk76

Juniors
:clap:

Mate, I am also around your age and I remember the Dark Age painfully well (I was ridiculed for being an eels tragic at my high school which is in Parra district!). This is the reason why I feel a deep sense of gratitude for Brian. He turned our football club which was a laughing stock into an enviable, professional organisation.

Good luck Brian!

rowdy

First Grade
thanks btaag.

you've written pretty much what i wanted to say but just couldn't put it right.

i only know parramatta under smithy, so i cant really comment on the bad times, but i do remember those earlier years when we didnt win so much. to see how far parra have come is just so awesum and im so glad i was apart of it. the memories have been great.

of course, this is a new start and im looking forward to it, but first grade was so good in 2000, 2001 and 2005.

btaag

Juniors
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I guess we all have lots of emotions and memories of his reign, I have been thinking about his legacy for a while now. He is an enigmatic coach and his biography will be a very good read if ever he produces one.
As a Parramatta tragic like most of our amazing fan base, I am both sad but excited about the new era, and irrationally hoping for a semi final appearence or :pray: a Grand Final victory. Without getting too faux-philosophical, all things come to an end (good and bad) and we now enter the relative unknown - bring it on I say.

bradeel

Juniors
yeah, well said again btaag. Definitely no choice but to embrace the unknown now. It's definitely a shame that JT is going to be leaving anyway. As some others have mentioned, if he does a great job and turns things around, it'll be sad to see him go to Souths and if we keep losing, well that will make for a miserable rest of the season. All we can do is take it one game at a time i guess... Starting this Friday against the Panthers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wasn't there to enjoy all the pre-2000 Eels and Smoth moments, but that article brought a tear to my eye.

Well done!

Freak2

Juniors
What an amazing piece of literature!

As a long term avid supporter of Smithy it's great to see I am not the only person who understands and respects his substantial contribution to our great club.