What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith, Johns have no problems

Hellsy

Immortal
Smith, Johns have no problems
By Dean Ritchie
March 6, 2006

FEARS Newcastle superstar Andrew Johns had a relationship problem with Brian Smith, the man ready to be named Knights coach, were last night put to rest by Johns's manager.

John Fordham said his client would have no trouble working alongside Smith, now the favourite for a move to Newcastle.
Smith and Johns are known to have previously had a strained relationship, with some pundits suggesting the pair dislike one another.
Such a relationship could become a hurdle as the Newcastle management moves toward signing Smith as the replacement for Michael Hagan.
The Daily Telegraph understands Johns is aware Smith is favourite but is reluctant to comment on the coaching issue.
Asked whether Johns would work with Smith, Fordham said: "He would have no problem."
Then asked whether there a problem between the pair, Fordham said: "No, there is no problem between Andrew and Brian Smith."
Pressed whether there had been an issue, Fordham said: "Not that I'm aware." "During Andrew's career, he has worked with a number of coaches who have all had different approaches to the job," Fordham said.

"Andrew has always been able to work successfully with them, despite variances with what they bring to the coaching operations."
Knights chief executive Ken Conway would not discuss any possible drama between Johns and Smith.
"In relation to a relationship - or perceived relationship between Andrew Johns and Brian Smith - I've got no comment," Conway said.
"I don't comment on speculation."
Conway said Johns, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson and Matt Gidley had been kept informed of coaching developments.
And Conway said the players would continue to be consulted over the coaching appointment.
"We value the opinions of our senior players as a group," he said.
"We have consulted them and will continue to do so.
"We are going through the processes."
Smith last week would not divulge any details of his coaching future.
"I've got nothing to say," he said. "I'd prefer to keep my business to myself."
Meanwhile, Canberra will hold a board meeting today in Batemans Bay, New South Wales.
The club's vacant coaching position will be discussed at length, but a final decision is unlikely to be reached.
Directors will decide whether they should opt for an experienced coach or a rookie chasing an opportunity.
Former Canterbury, Melbourne and Sharks coach Chris Anderson is favourite for the job vacated by Matt Elliott.
Should the Raiders go for youth, North Queensland assistant coach Neil Henry would be a candidate.
Henry has previously coached in the Canberra competition. "Neil would make a great NRL coach," Cowboys head coach Graham Murray said.

The Daily Telegraph
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18359429-23214,00.html
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
:(

Damn it...I'm going to miss the guy...

I think we all will mate!

probably the only supporter that won't miss him would be Misty Bee :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
oh! yeah! forgot about those blokes..

gee! it's nice weather outside, some say fairweather! :roll: ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not looking forward to 2007...

I mean, I've already come to grips with Hagan, and am actually excited about him coming. After all the worries, I realxed and thought things through and now for some reason, think we'll do well under Michael.

Still...I don't want 2007 to come lol.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I'm not looking forward to 2007...

I mean, I've already come to grips with Hagan, and am actually excited about him coming. After all the worries, I realxed and thought things through and now for some reason, think we'll do well under Michael.

Still...I don't want 2007 to come lol.

mate, just enjoy this year...hopefully we can start warrying about next year about a week after the grand final when we've finally finished celebrating.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eelavation said:
mate, just enjoy this year...hopefully we can start warrying about next year about a week after the grand final when we've finally finished celebrating.

but that WILL be 07!

Latest posts