What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith post match interview

Whats Doing

Bench
I was impressed by Smith's after match interview. He basically said that the knights were not intense in during training throughout the week and this carried over into the game. He also said that it taught him alot about his players.

I am sure he will not let this happen again, notwithstanding I think we will struggle against the storm this week

Bicey_18

Bench
The way this comp is going .... Knights will hit form on the weekend and upset Melbourne. Now I dont think it will happen but just the way this comp is turning out u never kno

Nuffy

Bench
Nice that Smith is realistic, its a nice change at the club.

I wouldn't like to be those players this week.

Burwood

Bench
I guess we should all be thankful that we aren't the overwhelming favourites every week and the boys don't feel the need to prepare properly- I don't think I could put up with many more efforts like tonight.

Alex28

Coach
Was he serious going on about how good Doogs played? When the hell is he going to stay on the wing in defence!

Jono078

Referee
Only positive I see is.. Last time Parra got belted in 2005 by the Broncos they beat Melbourne the following week and then won the minor premiership...

Will be interesting to see what player he learnt about..

shane1970

Juniors
Did I hear a little 'dig' at Joey by Brian in the interview when he said about the leadership group we have and that Doogs was man enough to front up for the post match grilling and not Joey - Or am I reading a little bit too much into it ????

CJKnight

Juniors
shane1970 said:
Did I hear a little 'dig' at Joey by Brian in the interview when he said about the leadership group we have and that Doogs was man enough to front up for the post match grilling and not Joey - Or am I reading a little bit too much into it ????

I think we all detected that little "dig".

But to be fair, Doogs is a strong man to be able to face the media after such an embarrassing loss. Not many players like to give interviews after a thrashing.

Serc

First Grade
I've seen a couple of posts having a go at Doogs coming in off his wing - in the 2nd half when the Raiders strolled in down the sideline he was caught wayyyyyy off his winger because Carmont was SOMEHOW involved in the previous tackle which was nearly in the centre of the field! When I saw the replay i think i saw Mullen, Paterson (maybe) and then Doogs defending on that side...it was a 3 vs 5 or worse i think! Horrid positioning from the guys in the centre of the field.

miladi

Juniors
Had to have been the most uninspired game I have ever seen played (?) by the Knights.

And their after game behaviour towards the fans that waited for them, with a few exceptions, was disgusting. Many just walked straight to the waiting bus, without even an embarrassed wave. The notable exception being Kurt Gidley who did not hurry through the crowd but stopped to sign autographs with a grace and dignity that I was proud to see. Clint Newton, Milton Thaiday, Cory Patterson, George Carmont, Steve Simpson, Andrew Johns and a few others whose names escape me, also met the crowd with a certain amount of dignity, even if none said anything, which under the circumstances was understandable. Johns was obviously not happy and hurriedly "scribbled" autographs for some, but at least he did that much, which is more than could be said for Abrahams, MacDougall and a number of others. And to Jarrod Mullen who walked right past kids begging for him to stop, only to stand talking to the girls at the other side, phhhtt to you!

I understand the players were disappointed in themselves and tired after the game, but they need to remember the impact their attitude has on fans, and that we were not there to knock them or criticise, but to demonstrate our support for our team. Yeah, they lost, and lost badly, but that was last night. We will still show up for more games and cheer them to future victories.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And to Jarrod Mullen who walked right past kids begging for him to stop, only to stand talking to the girls at the other side, phhhtt to you!
That's very unlike Mullo to do that, but in saying that the fact that the "girls at the other side" most likely would have been his g/f with a few of her friends has nothing to do with it?

dubby

Bench
Guys, I for one truly appreciated the post match interview Doogs and Smith gave. It was a very fair and polite reply from your coach and "senior" player.

TBH, we caught you guys on a bad night. Newcastle are a much better team than the one who turned out last night. It must have been hard for your boys to get motivated to come to Canberra on a Monday (that must be something the players need to mentally prepare for; playing on Mondays) in front of what they thought would be a medoicre crowd.

Our lads were pumped, the crowd good and our form unnoticed.

Needless to say, Newcastle wont play that poorly again all year. Good luck to you boys, I appreciate the way your club and fans have handled the loss.

Matt23

Staff member
dubby said:
Guys, I for one truly appreciated the post match interview Doogs and Smith gave. It was a very fair and polite reply from your coach and "senior" player.

TBH, we caught you guys on a bad night. Newcastle are a much better team than the one who turned out last night. It must have been hard for your boys to get motivated to come to Canberra on a Monday (that must be something the players need to mentally prepare for; playing on Mondays) in front of what they thought would be a medoicre crowd.

Our lads were pumped, the crowd good and our form unnoticed.

Needless to say, Newcastle wont play that poorly again all year. Good luck to you boys, I appreciate the way your club and fans have handled the loss.
Thanks Mate

miladi

Juniors
Jobdog said:
That's very unlike Mullo to do that, but in saying that the fact that the "girls at the other side" most likely would have been his g/f with a few of her friends has nothing to do with it?

Might have been the case. Still no excuse, as far as I am concerned. I am assuming (a dangerous thing to do I know) that the g/f lives in Newcastle? Or at least gets to see Mullen more than once a year? Some of the kids down here only get to see the Knights when they visit, so it is very important game / event to them.

You had to see the disappointment on the faces of the kids to know why I found it so unacceptable.