What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SNUBBED AGAIN

tigershaz

Juniors
did you notice we were not even mentioned in the song that was suppose to be the season in review.

First they leave us out of the NRL...now this.

The Weststigers played this season.....they beat some bloody good teams as well.

King Tigerman

Juniors
we were mentioned but next year they might have a song with lyrics like schooner & his mates the Tigers win the Fn comp because were the best side in the world

Bald Tiger

Juniors
And another thing ... did you notice the advert in the Telegraph on Saturday about the future of football clubs and the Pokie Tax? They had our name mis-spelt as West Tigers. Cant even get the name of our team right!

Gobbso

Juniors
Bald Tiger said:
And another thing ... did you notice the advert in the Telegraph on Saturday about the future of football clubs and the Pokie Tax? They had our name mis-spelt as West Tigers. Cant even get the name of our team right!

Yeah, don't start me on that! :x How hard is it to realise its Wests and not West? I mean c'mon. The Joint-Venture has been established for 4 seasons now. Surely they can't at least get the name right :roll:

B_Tiger

Juniors
Gobbso said:
Bald Tiger said:

Yeah, don't start me on that! :x How hard is it to realise its Wests and not West? I mean c'mon. The Joint-Venture has been established for 4 seasons now. Surely they can't at least get the name right :roll:

I reckon we should change 'wests' to 'Balmain', it would avoid any future confusion on the issue.

simon says

First Grade
B_Tiger said:
I reckon we should change 'wests' to 'Balmain', it would avoid any future confusion on the issue.
:D :D

Mmmmmmm....i like the sound of that.Balmain Tigers.....very catchy,by Jove i think he's got it. ;-) ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah...... i cant help but think it sounds awefully familiar?????? Although i really wouldnt complain if it did happen.

B_Tiger

Juniors
tigershaz said:
I'd still be happy with "Balmain Magpies".......

why would you want a magpie when you could have a tiger? I mean, come on! What the hell does a magpie do anyway? Stupid westies naming a football club after them.

but that's an interesting point you make. would you prefer balmain magpies to wests tigers?

My preference would have been Balmain-wests united with the logo gobbs had a little while ago as our main logo. Far more traditional then our crappy new age logo and our shitty name.

tigershaz

Juniors
United with a logo would be the best way to go, in my opinion! (a magpie and A tiger) I could live with that...but then what we all shout out?

The- powers- that- be would not allow it! Stuff what the fans want though, we just support the team, and pay to go and watch them every week! :evil:

Western Tiger

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
why would you want a magpie when you could have a tiger? I mean, come on! What the hell does a magpie do anyway? Stupid westies naming a football club after them.

Magpies are a great AUSSIE animal. Better then a feckin animal from Burma. Go Australia, go the maggies! :D

B_Tiger

Juniors
Western Tiger said:
B_Tiger said:

Magpies are a great AUSSIE animal. Better then a feckin animal from Burma. Go Australia, go the maggies! :D

pfff, you didn't know about the tigers that used to inhabit Balmain? The tiger will always be seen as a part of australian heritage. The kangaroo, emu, koala and tiger. Your magpie is piss weak!

Gobbso

Juniors
B_Tiger said:
Your magpie is piss weak!

Piss weak? Would you be saying that if a Magpie was pecking the shit out of your face, going for your eyes? :roll: There was a story the other week on channel 7 news, that a Melbourne man was killed due to a Magpie constantly swooping and attacking his face. Apparently the attack was so severe he lost all sight in both eyes, and consequently died from the brutality of the Magpie.

So Piss Weak? I think not! :twisted:

Gobbso

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I watched a show on Discovery and apparently, gay Tigers are commonplace. Especially in Rozelle.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Would that explain why there aren't any Tigers walking around in the Balmain area, and hasn't been the case for many many years now? Do you think they contracted HIV and were wiped out by the virus? :lol:

Possibly, I recall a sighting or two a few years ago of a Tiger in that area. The news quote said not to approach it if you saw it as it was prone to smacking people with its handbag. :?