What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SNUBBED AGAIN

Gobbso

Juniors
westie said:
Once again B I will say that I agree the crowds were disgracful at both grounds. But I truly believe there was a bit of crowd fixing at cambo.

Crowd fixing? i think not...its just the idiots on the gate can't count! Apparently someone made mention about Junior and School boy footy passes a while back, were not recgonised as tickets, therefore the kids got in free, but were not recognised as the official crowd figure which is bloody ridiculous. Time to save the $$$ and invest in electronic gate counters, which are at majority of all NRL Grounds.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Of course the best solution to our poor crowds is winning - but that does not mean that we cant improve the promotion and marketing of our games.

Pimms? Jeez you must have been reading too many back copies of Horse and Hound.
I will confess to not only drinking lattes but also looking forward to watching the rugby world cup.

B_Tiger

Juniors
Gobbso said:
westie said:
Once again B I will say that I agree the crowds were disgracful at both grounds. But I truly believe there was a bit of crowd fixing at cambo.

Crowd fixing? i think not...its just the idiots on the gate can't count! Apparently someone made mention about Junior and School boy footy passes a while back, were not recgonised as tickets, therefore the kids got in free, but were not recognised as the official crowd figure which is bloody ridiculous. Time to save the $$$ and invest in electronic gate counters, which are at majority of all NRL Grounds.

look, that isn't a problem at all. Who cares if we are 1 or 2k below the actual crowd figure? The point is they are shit. Electronic gates to count who? I also don't think either football club has the money for that sort of thing (campbo can't even get the scoreboard working and balmain cant fix or rebuild our stands).

Bald Tiger said:
Of course the best solution to our poor crowds is winning - but that does not mean that we cant improve the promotion and marketing of our games.

Pimms? Jeez you must have been reading too many back copies of Horse and Hound.
I will confess to not only drinking lattes but also looking forward to watching the rugby world cup.

A jacket with elbow patches is at the ready... ;-)

Marketing and promotion tend to be short term solutions only. I recall many years ago, Ellery Hanley's first game for the Magpies and the crowd was the biggest I've ever seen at Campbelltown, they were right up to the dead ball line. Within a few weeks, crowds were back to normal.

Other types of Marketing and Promotion tend to be short lived and aren't able to sustain crowd increases over a period of time.

The only thing that really works is winning.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I do take the point about winning but given there are only 5 or 6 games at each ground surely the JV could come up with specific marketing ideas for each game. Even the old ideas like family days, children free days, giving away tickets to the local schools.

Antichrist - dont forget your cords and pipe.

Bald Tiger said:
I do take the point about winning but given there are only 5 or 6 games at each ground surely the JV could come up with specific marketing ideas for each game. Even the old ideas like family days, children free days, giving away tickets to the local schools.

Antichrist - dont forget your cords and pipe.

Fair points. A bit of enthusiasm goes a long way in Marketing. We tend to concentrate on the tried and tested strategies as do most clubs. I'd like to see a bit more thought going into it too.

Will anyone notice if it's a bubble pipe? :roll:

tigger

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
It took you a good few minutes to realise that you only exist because of your Mother's ability to fornicate with... herself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor old Simon....... i knew there was a reason for that handbag you carry around.....

tigger

Juniors
Bald Tiger said:
a winning side will bring the fans back

This works fine until you go back to your old ways & start playing like the Magpies did for their whole 91 years of life........ the crowds fall away & it all starts over........

I have said this at least 2,500,000 times since the disgusting JV took place, the only way to get the crowds up in the long term is to make the club identifiable to the Balmain & Western Suburbs fans who don't give a rats about the JV. The only way to do this is to make concessions at both ends and forget trying to make this 'new team', it should have been the old ones standing side by side instead of trying to melt them into one. Once that has been done, the club then needs to actually do some work instead of acting like a charity & get as much business support in the local areas as possible. It doesn't matter in the local shops are only sponsoring $50.00 to the football club, it matters that there is a sign in the window saying "Go Balmain or the like". Until the inbreds that are on all three boards wake up to the fact that the football club is a business they will fail at every turn and hopefully the JV will be put into liquidation & we will only play as the Balmain Tigers in the Premier League comp and the Flegg comp.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Well the one thing I do agree with Tigger about is the local marketing. Its a disgrace that Balmain does not have a single business sponsor from Balmain itself. They should be approached to support the Balmain PL side and the JV. Stickers in the windows is a good idea. But there are bigger issues that have been aluded to in other posts such as the lamentable state of the Balmain Roar Review - what does it offer a small corporate sponsor - and most of the local businesses are now small concerns. In a word - nothing!

Anonymous

Juniors
I think the problem has already been mentioned, we need a successful team to draw the crowds, be it at Leichhardt or Campbelltown. I don't think which ground matters in the slightest. If we're winning, both grounds will be full or near full.

Penrith drew bugger all last year yet this season they've broken their ground record on a couple of occasions and that is directly attributable to their on-field success. All the off-field promotion in the world won't make up 20% of the difference a successful team will make. We and most other clubs are in the same boat.

I don't know what's wrong with drinking Lattes for the same reason I don't know what's wrong with drinking Pimms, I don't follow Rugby.
LOSER LOSER LOSER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
Did you have a good cry on Saturday night?

:lol:
THIS YEAR IVE DONE MORE CHEERING THAN CRYINGUNLIKE YOU TIGER BOY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

LOL

You expected to win the comp, I expected us to beat Canterbury once.

We did, you didn't.

:-({|=

"May your tears of despair turn into scotch so you can get pissed on them, go for a drive and hit a very sturdy gum tree"