What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So boyd is going as well then ??

Cagey Mac

Bench
I wouldn't say crap Pat but agree that Nighty or Stanley or even Morris are better options
Let's hope we don't see too may repeats of Moz effort under the high ball against the Sharks though

Cagey Mac

Bench
Goodwin for boyd. Price for bennett. Gees.. talk about a fall from grace.

Bad bad bad news.

Life's a piece o' sh*t
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Remember that the last laugh is on you

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Just be positive...Bellamy served under Bennett and now look at him.

(I know that Henjak served for him as well but let's hope Price is a Bellamy and not a Henjak)

With Boyd gone, Stanley can be fit somewhere in the starting line up, plus we can use the cash to buy or retain other players.

Boyd is loyal to Bennett because Bennett turned him into a superstar after the Broncos booted him. If he leaves...Good luck, thanks for the memories...time to move on.

I'd be more upset if they left before we won the GF

chris_el

Juniors
Not the smartest post I’ve seen mate!
Boyd under Meninga has done pretty well wouldn’t you say??

Bronx Goodwin was born in 1984
Old Man Boyd born in 1987 may be past his prime at 23 years old but I’m guessing that he still has a little to offer

Forgot about Meninga, but as a regular club coach, he may find it strange under someone other than Bennett.

Heres to hoping he does stay but just saying that if he does leave, there are players to fill that spot quite well.

Mattfaz

Juniors
We will still get Goowin at cut price, so there's no problems there.
Stanley is the key. We have enough blokes running around at the moment to fill a back line (without Boyd) and still be competitive.

Boyd has been good, but his involvement from full back is a measure of good coaching and something that Nightingale, Stanley, Goodwin could offer. Boyd has been on the back of some attacking play that Bennet has constructed. Steve Price has been there for 3 years learning. Im sure we will be right.

The hundreds of thousands we are spending on the chin for the next 4 years are what will hurt us unless he pulls his finger out as has a red hot go!!

The boys will do it again this year, for Wayne.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
If wayne goes I go.................LMFAO. I wonder if darius realised how lame that sounded when he said that.
I agree with you and in the end if Boyd want to follow Bennett then Go, St George will always be here

boonboon

Juniors
Well Bennett has 3 options - Brisbane, Souths, Newcastle
Souths - Can they afford Boyd - well they have a lot off contract and despite a lot of big names they have the cheapest halves pairing in the game and a fullback in his last season (esp if Bennett goes their) so perhaps

Nights - Definatly can afford Boyd pushing Gidley into the Halves and Henry probably out of the starting side

Brisbane - Definatly afford Boyd if Wayne goes their

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
if boyd wants to hide under bennetts skirt all career long then cya later boyd. I cant see how following one bloke around all career long can be any good. Preety embaressing actually. Even if it is bennett. Let him go.

Dragonsforever

Juniors
if boyd wants to hide under bennetts skirt all career long then cya later boyd. I cant see how following one bloke around all career long can be any good. Preety embaressing actually. Even if it is bennett. Let him go.

+ 1. He is a great player but if he is not totally committed to the Dragons, let him go I say. May our great production line continue.

I think he will go back to SE QLD to the Broncos or the Titans - with or without Bennett...

But, really, we're all jumping the gun here. Maybe he'll stay!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i rang his grandmother just after lunch...

she said he was staying...

Bring back choc

Juniors
The titans would be a good chance.... preston retiring.... and they have money for a big gun.... especially if they miss out on Idris.

dragonfire

Bench
why would Boyd go back to a club that said they didnt want him 3 seasons ago? everyone says that he will just go back there if Bennett does but he got a raw deal from them.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Well with that announcement finally made and we can concentrate on this season again there will still be questions aired.

Will Boyd follow wherever Bennett goes and who else might be tempted to leave? To avoid endless speculation does anyone actually know who in our fulltime squad is off contract at years end. As I recall we had quite a few already tied up for next year and beyond.

I believe Bennett when he said he would not tear the club apart but he may see 2 or 3 players as falling short of that...or he may not take any. It would be good to locate a list of our players and when they are signed till. The ones I worry about most are Stanley, Hunt, Prior and Bosden.

I do hope Boyd plays Origin this year because that will give us a glimpse at who may fill the No.1 in 2012 should Boyd go.