What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So far -- NRL's most improved.

Jono078

Referee
From Each Club...

Broncos - Seymour, Mcguire, Stagg, Hodges
Sharks - Simmons, Vagana, Covell, Dykes, Gallen, Maiava
Sea Eagles - B. Stewart, Witt, Watmough, Menzies
Cowboys - Hannay, Bowman, B. Bowen, Thurston, Webb, Southern, O'Donnel
Eels - Grothe, Morris, Riddel?, Morrison, Widders
Raiders - Schifcofski, Chalk, Kahla, Tongue, Graham
Storm - Slater, King, Hoffman, Johnson
Roosters - Cross, Cayless, Toupo
Dragons - Bailey, Young, Ennis, Poore
Tigers - Reick, Whatuira, Marshall, Farah
Warriors - Whole team has improved on last year no doubt.
Bulldogs - Lolesi, Anasta, Asotasi
Panthers - Wesser, Pritchard, Clinton, Ross, Crossman
Rabbitohs - L. Macdougall, Sutton, Cusak, Minichello, Fa'alogo, Harrison
Knights - Carmont ???, Johns???, Newton, Tolar

Well thats all the people I feel have improved a bit to alot since last year. Knights was hard to do considering our injuries and so many players debuting.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
jono078 said:
From Each Club...

Broncos - Seymour, Mcguire, Stagg, Hodges
Sharks - Simmons, Vagana, Covell, Dykes, Gallen, Maiava
Sea Eagles - B. Stewart, Witt, Watmough, Menzies
Cowboys - Hannay, Bowman, B. Bowen, Thurston, Webb, Southern, O'Donnel
Eels - Grothe, Morris, Riddel?, Morrison, Widders
Storm - Slater, King, Hoffman, Johnson
Roosters - Cross, Cayless, Toupo
Dragons - Bailey, Young, Ennis, Poore
Tigers - Reick, Whatuira, Marshall, Farah
Warriors - Whole team has improved on last year no doubt.
Bulldogs - Lolesi, Anasta, Asotasi
Panthers - Wesser, Pritchard, Clinton, Ross, Crossman
Rabbitohs - L. Macdougall, Sutton, Cusak, Minichello, Fa'alogo, Harrison
Knights - Carmont ???, Johns???, Newton, Tolar

Well thats all the people I feel have improved a bit to alot since last year. Knights was hard to do considering our injuries and so many players debuting.

So no one from the raiders has improved?, i guess we were a top 6 team all along, even with all our injuries. :cool:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
legend said:
So there have been no improvements with any Canberra player Jono?

Clinton has stepped up another notch, and Phil Graham is cemented in the first grade squad and is playing some good footy.

Iafeta

Referee
For the Warriors:-

Wairangi Koopu: He was a benchie last year, now Kemp reckons he's close to the first name he writes down in the run on team every week. He really is becoming quite a good back rower and thoroughly deserves his Kiwis jersey.

Sione Faumuina: Not necessarily an improvement, but a rebirth. He's going gangbusters currently. He's been our most potent attacker, he was particularly good last week and against the Roosters.

Manu Vatuvei: Fringe club member, now making a real impact, and rightfully in the LU Team of the Week. Kiwis this year for sure.

Toddy Byrne: Unwanted by the Chooks, now scoring plenty of tries for the Warriors including a club record 7 games on the trot to cross the line.

L.P.P

Juniors
Anthony Watmough
John Morris
Adam Peek
Matt King
Carl Webb
Jonathon Thurston
Luke Covell
Adam Dykes
Eric Grothe

Special K

Coach
Hutch Maiava - good call!

Went from a PL player with talent to one of the best impact players in the NRL and maybe even end the season in a kiwis jumper.

Covell - Outstanding. Always there for a hit up and holds the D on his edge together and that goal kicking - what a great buy he has been. Best value for money buy this off season.

KulaShaker

Juniors
I don't think Covell is one of the standout improvers.. like someone said it's just he's getting game time this year that people notice him. I watched him last year and he doesn't seem to be that different.. he bulked up, and maybe his defence is a little better, but that's all I can see.