What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how does this get fixed?

gordsy

Juniors
We have never been successful buying other clubs players. We have only done well when we developed and bought through our own. Look who we have bought over the last few years - most have been poor and taken up large amount of our cap. We need to stop looking at blokes like the Leilua Brothers, Tevita Pangai Junior and develop our own kids, like Logen Dillon, Liam Scolari, Iverson Fuatimau, Israel Ogden and the like. Our jersey Flagg side and Reggie’s are going well - let’s keep the good ones from these teams and develop them through. Sheensy can’t come quick enough.

Not entirely true. Richards, Hodgo, Phatts. Prince were all outsiders. You need a few good buys mixed in with a core group of local talent imo.
100% agree re local talent.
I think we need a change of identity and culture. For me that means 1 home ground, it has to be Campbelltown imo. I know the crowds aren't great but et's be honest this isn't a quick fix and we will bring through more juniors from south west Sydney than the Inner West imo
We come up with, and stick to a well thought out recruitment strategy not this hodge podge crap we have now. We have someone good to oversee the juniors and don't tolerate lazy people or f**kwits like Suli. Even if it costs us in the short term it would be worth it long terms. Get rid of the dickheads and keep the people who have a go. Same with first grade, strip it all back to heart and good defence and players who can go for 80 minutes. Build on that and be patient. No signings idiots like TPJ or Ken Marmalade.

Get a top ranked coach and pay them what they ask for a long time. If Bellamy is even a chance find out what he is on now and give him 40% more. It will be worth it long term.

When looking at players to buy, use the Jack Gibson model and hire on character grounds.

Be honest with fans, tell them we have a plan for the future and show them the light.

Das Hassler

Bench
Love it how these genius pricks use hindsight to make their argument....i dont recall Kent or any of his fellow rugby league wise men warning us to keep Taylor and against bringing Cleary onboard. ...in fact they and most everyone here were delighted....what happened? ..wasn't the crystal ball plugged in then ?....how fkn hard is it to see into the future ?...how couldn't anyone in WT front office or even ONE supporter know that Cleary would stab us in the back before the end of his first full season? Prior to signing cleary how could Pascoe not have known the exact date he would shaft us? ....And...most everyone here were more than happy at us finally having a couple of hardarsed front rowers in packer and matalino ( go back and have a look) after the pillow woods who is now being shoved in our face as one of the superstars we let walk!..Also on 9 last night they included Harry Grant on the list of players our incompetent club "let get away". ...really?! Go get fu ked! I'd back our club at even 10% of it's current competancy over 90% of the self important arseholes kicking us it the head....most who have done NOTHING in their puny lives besides maybe making money and methane. The journo intelligentsia and the pissweak supporters who sing their tune can all go take a flying f ck then come back around and take another one.
Criticism and airing frustration i'm all for but some of the crap being thrown at this club is nothing. ...ZERO more than just that.

stryker

First Grade
The whole club was all about Robbie and Benji lol who ever says it wasn’t is kidding themselves
Yes it was, but not in the correct way. Our club was the R&B show and it was on prime time most Friday nights or Sunday afternoons. People tuned in by their millions to see what these two unique but very unpredictable players could do. Tigers down 20-2 at halftime…”The game is never over when these two are on the field” the commentators would scream. Low and behold we’d score magical tries and either win or just fall short, and these two would be hailed the heroes who led the charge.

That shit was powerful but what I remember saying a lot was that no one else in this club can keep up with them. The blame for that lies with many people including the two men themselves. They had a tight knit group of hard working plodders who had been galvanised through the GF victory. These players (all 7 out of 10 at best) should have been incrementally replaced by current origin and test players who would have brought even more interest to the club. If this had of happened, by the time players like Ellis, Fifita, Woods and later Brooks, Moses, Tedesco and JAC hit grade, the team would have been fully entrenched in the top 8 every year and I have no doubt, they would have spent their careers here, attracting other stars across when they became available.

But alas….Robbie and Benji wanted to play with their mates and have fun....and the club let them.

When we won in 05 the club boasted about starting a dynasty akin to Man United and then did nothing to make that happen….and people wonder why we are in this current shitstorm of inconsistency, floggings and perpetual failure.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Everything f**ked up when we let Gibbs and Fifita go so that we could sign Blair and keep Moltzen. If we had f**ked that idea off and kept Gibbs/Fifita and signed a decent halfback then we would have been a powerhouse in 2012 onwards. Losing Gibbs/Fifita we had absolutely no grunt in the middle of the field and our season fell away to missing finals, thus beginning the longest finals drought in NRL history.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Everything f**ked up when we let Gibbs and Fifita go so that we could sign Blair and keep Moltzen. If we had f**ked that idea off and kept Gibbs/Fifita and signed a decent halfback then we would have been a powerhouse in 2012 onwards. Losing Gibbs/Fifita we had absolutely no grunt in the middle of the field and our season fell away to missing finals, thus beginning the longest finals drought in NRL history.
Blair wasn’t the best decision we had ever made but Robert Lui assaulting his partner didn’t help either.

Tiger05

First Grade
What can we do you pair of f**kheads?

Honestly mate we can't do a f**ken thing. The club needs to keep grinding it out all the way through the organization. We have to look to win every grade.

You just got to keep looking to develop the roster and keep bringing juniors through. We have to source those juniors from everywhere.

Das Hassler

Bench
One more mini rant....i really love how the retired superstar commentators...fittler...cronk and johns in particular condescendingly dismiss our failed efforts in signing who we desperately need to climb up off our knees ( as they say we need to do) yet at EVERY opportunity do everything they can to interfere and help divert every descent player away from us with the same patented line about how they really should not sign with us but go to one of the strong clubs for the sake of their career. ....two faced arseholes pretending they give a damn about anything more than a 4 team competition.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yep, get Finucane & TPJ, make it happen Justin.
I was keen on Finucane until I heard his asking price. It's in the vicinity of 800k a year for 4 years. He's 30 this year, so in 4 years time we could have a 34 year old middle forward on 800k.

simmo1

First Grade
One more mini rant....i really love how the retired superstar commentators...fittler...cronk and johns in particular condescendingly dismiss our failed efforts in signing who we desperately need to climb up off our knees ( as they say we need to do) yet at EVERY opportunity do everything they can to interfere and help divert every descent player away from us with the same patented line about how they really should not sign with us but go to one of the strong clubs for the sake of their career. ....two faced arseholes pretending they give a damn about anything more than a 4 team competition.

Or a merkin like Anasta after the game on Saturday going on about a lack of leadership the past decade. This bloke was signed to provide just that in that period and phoned it in, and has been laying the boot in ever since.

Das Hassler

Bench
I was keen on Finucane until I heard his asking price. It's in the vicinity of 800k a year for 4 years. He's 30 this year, so in 4 years time we could have a 34 year old middle forward on 800k.

That's a tough one for sure....i'd rather up it a bit for 3 years

Tiger05

First Grade

If this is true we should run a mile. He gets a 2 year contract at half that which is probably more than what the Storm will offer him.

TPJ is apparently on big dollars but I doubt it's anywhere near that figure.

Das Hassler

Bench
If this is true we should run a mile. He gets a 2 year contract at half that which is probably more than what the Storm will offer him.

TPJ is apparently on big dollars but I doubt it's anywhere near that figure.

Read that his manager has dropped it to 3 years