What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is that the minor premiership decided?

cupid

Juniors
Hasn't been a good week at training, few players still carrying niggly injuries.

innsaneink

Referee
What would happen if two or more teams are on equal points at the conclusion of the premiership rounds, how would they determine the MP?
Would they look at wins, tries for/conceded etc or just award it jointly?

sting

Bench
for and against. happened in 05 with parra and saints both ending up even but parra had a way better FnA due to saints being crap at the start of the year

Rogue.9

Juniors
Melbourne could still have a bad game like Manly did today & cost themselves the minor premiership.

Rovelli

Bench
Melbourne's run home:
@ Penrith
@ Knights
v Rabbitohs

Penrith, despite flogging the Dogs, seem to be in disarray. I don't expect a let-up from the Storm.

Knights, I feel that this is the banana-peel game. That said, Melbourne should still come through. But never discount Newcastle at home.

Souths at home, they'll easily account for.

shane1970

Juniors
Well it would then come down to matches -v- each other and Melbourne OBVIOUSLY have the edge there - But I don't know what would happen if it weas to be 1 all

mattyg

Bench
if they are equal for and against, it is determined on percentages...i.e the for divided by the against and whoever has the highest is awarded the minor premiership

example:

Manly score 642 points and conceed 350 points = +292 for and against
Melbourne score 728 points and conceed 436 points = +292 for and against

Manly's percentage will be 642/350 x 100 = 183.43%
Melbournes' percentage will be 728/436 x 100 = 166.97%

Manly will win the minor premiership. Much like the AFL system for determining positioning when teams are tied on points

The Gambler

Juniors
I'd say the Storm have it in the bag now. Cant see them dropping any of their remaining matches.

Crazier things have happened though.

Joe Davola

Juniors
if they are equal for and against, it is determined on percentages...i.e the for divided by the against and whoever has the highest is awarded the minor premiership

example:

Manly score 642 points and conceed 350 points = +292 for and against
Melbourne score 728 points and conceed 436 points = +292 for and against

Manly's percentage will be 642/350 x 100 = 183.43%
Melbournes' percentage will be 728/436 x 100 = 166.97%

Manly will win the minor premiership. Much like the AFL system for determining positioning when teams are tied on points

The team with the better defence will always have the better percentage (given the same points for and against difference), which suggests better defence is more highly regarded than attacking ability. I am not sure that is the right way to go.

Latest posts