What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Seriously what this useless moron has done to our club. Should have got Daniel Anderson. I'd happily take Nathan Brown as coach over this clown:crazy:

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Pretty harsh on Ivan guys, sacking him will not change the poor decisions made by management that has landed us in the s--t ! We simply have to bulk up the engine room or we're stuffed.

screeder

Juniors
Agree, Henjak needs a chance to prove himself, as for Bruno he'd be on his last chance and thats being nice. Nathan Brown:lol::lol::lol::lol:

beads6

First Grade
I don't think Henjak needs anymore time to prove himself... How can he continue to prove he has no clue??? Bruno has done a crap job but Henjak is the bloke who says yes or no on players recruitment as well.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hey as bad as Brown was he made the top 4 with his side. Why does Henjak need a chance to show how inept he is of ideas. He had a trump card in Tim Smith, refused to play him. On that alone he should be sacked.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yeah ... the Henjak only got the club ONE GAME SHORT OF A GRAND FINAL LAST YEAR - IN HIS FIRST YEAR AS COACH ... he obviously doesn't have a clue.:roll:

The problem with some (some) Broncos fans is they've enjoyed success too long. At the slightest hint of hardship - when sticking together matters the most (listen to Lockyer last night) - they look for the instant fix through sacking someone.

Hint: Learn how to support your club when they are going through a tough time.

Just a reminder who's on the sidelines: Hodges, Falou, Yow Yeh, Kemp, Parker and Gillett playing injured last night.

I disagree that Henjak is responsible for the recruitment at the club. Most of the damage was done during the transition between Bennett and Henjak. Personally I think Henjak is a very brave individual taking over from a 25 year coach - a poisoned challis if ever there was.

If you're looking for a scapegoat, look at Bruno Cullen.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So it wasn't Henjak that wanted Sims..or Setu...absolute rubbish. The head coach is the one that gets big say in terms of recruitment. The CEO just goes and gets the type of players the coach wants. IMO the biggest blunder was getting Folau on his money. We should have retained Ennis and Hannant on Folau's pay check. That was just a stupid short centered decision and it was hopeless.

renouf

Juniors
Nah his mate Bruno will give him full support, even if we go on a 12 game losing streak!

Dazzat

First Grade
So it wasn't Henjak that wanted Sims..or Setu...absolute rubbish. The head coach is the one that gets big say in terms of recruitment. The CEO just goes and gets the type of players the coach wants. IMO the biggest blunder was getting Folau on his money. We should have retained Ennis and Hannant on Folau's pay check. That was just a stupid short centered decision and it was hopeless.

Mmm ... Sims has been at the club for what ... three or four years. If I recollect it was Sims who dropped the ball at Suncorp when Bennett was coaching the team ... you know in the final against Melbourne.

As normal, you don't let the truth get in the way of your short-sighted, quick-fix, pout-driven opinions.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I don't see why Ashton Sims is castigated for the semi '08 v Melbourne. Sika Manu is certainly no pussy and yeah Sims made an error off a big hit. I seriously doubt he meant it and has had to live with it since. Ashton has had little reprieve since and Parker and Thaiday have gone missing at times yet receive little criticism as senior players charged with setting a "go forward" example to the younger brigade. How about for a change we make Ashton feel a real part of the team and he might just flourish ala late '09.

screeder

Juniors
The rot started before Henjak took over and i'm not saying anything against Bennett either, its all Cullen and i dare say others pulling strings behind the scenes. Sux when you only want to concern yourself with whats happening on the field when its so dependent on what happens in the boardroom. As a newbie to this forum i'm keen to go back thru previous threads pertaining to the Petero thing, the Bennett things, even last years slump. Based on what i'm reading here there must have been a lot of blood in the waters of this forum at times last year. Keen to go back and have a look.

Dazzat

First Grade
I don't see why Ashton Sims is castigated for the semi '08 v Melbourne. Sika Manu is certainly no pussy and yeah Sims made an error off a big hit. I seriously doubt he meant it and has had to live with it since. Ashton has had little reprieve since and Parker and Thaiday have gone missing at times yet receive little criticism as senior players charged with setting a "go forward" example to the younger brigade. How about for a change we make Ashton feel a real part of the team and he might just flourish ala late '09.

Yes agree ... he played well in patches last night.

I just brought up that incident in response to Locky's accusation that Henjak brought Sims to the club. Henjak was assistant coach at the time.

screeder

Juniors
As for Sims if he can achieve a run of top form he'd be a massive asset to the club. Can play an intimidating brand of footy. I like the call on the other thread about him and Henjak getting a room and sorting sh*t out.:D

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Furthermore when Ashton Sims broke into grade at the Dragons I remember him being quite skillful with offloading and it seems to me that it is flogged out of them at the Broncos. Geez I hope it doesn't go down that way with Gillett as he's a breath of fresh air. If we don't learn to score points without Locky we are going to be in a world of s--t post Locky. When I watch the Sharks play it sends shudders through me thinking we're heading that way.

Big Pete

Referee
Well considering Cullen got rid of 4 players to sign Hunt only to see him leave, well...

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Can't compare the Broncos with the Sharks. Their problem is lack of young talent coming through compounded by off-field issues of course ... and they have a captain like Gallen.

Pete ... are you saying the Cullen got ride of four players to KEEP K Hunt?

screeder

Juniors
Ponies, that is one scary thought but it ain't gonna happen. Don't even iterate that sh*t, stay positive gents:cool:

Ghoulies

Bench
Mmm ... Sims has been at the club for what ... three or four years. If I recollect it was Sims who dropped the ball at Suncorp when Bennett was coaching the team ... you know in the final against Melbourne.

As normal, you don't let the truth get in the way of your short-sighted, quick-fix, pout-driven opinions.
:lol:

No more posting in this thread after that bungle, locky.