What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

_Johnsy

Referee
The persons who's tenure should be questioned is the one who is responsible for the recruitment at your club. Bordering on moronic.

Nevcost

Juniors
sacking a coach mid season is never the answer, trust me it just unsettles the team. I can't wait for the next 3-5 weeks when we get a lot of our players back and if we get Tronc as well I think we'll have a fairly well balanced side

cornerposter

Juniors
Hejak was well respected by Bennett and the players before he got the main job. He's the right man (unless Bellyache comes back home) for the job. Some of the players, on the other hand, need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Big Pete

Referee
To be fair to locky, Henjak was actually considered behind Bellamy and Henry before he got given the position back in 2008.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
True Bellamy would have been gr8, but he chose to stay with them infidels down south, Henry has hardly lit up the night sky in Townsville and one messrs Ivan Henjak took us to within one game of a seventh GF last year. All this is truly laughable considering Ivan knocked Benny out of last years finals series and was lauded a major success.

Yes we are all hurting and it is not going to change short term, but Ivan Henjak being sacked is DEFINATELY NOT THE ANSWER. Go the mighty Broncos !

Dazzat

First Grade
And Anderson has been pitched as an alternative ... aren't the Eels going gangbusters with their superstar backline, star-studded pack and virtually no injuries?

No one can under-estimate the guts it takes to follow someone of Bennett's stature ... but then everyone was calling for Bennett's head almost every other year as well.

Goes with the territory ...

beads6

First Grade
I am sick to death of hearing of Henjak took us to the Semi's last year. Why did it take us a big losing streak and 56- 0 to Canberra for the bloke to change anything. If anything we got to the finals based on the purple patch of form for Dave Taylor and the players themselves actually woke up. Why can't we have a good attitude and work ethic every game not just after everything turns to $hit? Henjak is not a good no will he ever be.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I have found it very difficult to swallow the S.O.O theory based on the form of Storm, Dragons and others that seem to accomodate it quite comfortably over the last couple of years. That said, our representation is lowering every year lately and the attitude of our playing group itself does have to be questioned. Another throw away line that makes my blood boil like hydrauchloric acid is that southern tesms love to play us up here now due to the gr8 amenities and large crowds. Pls what a load of bulls--t ! It is the core responsibility of the Broncos playing group to ensure every team in the NRL hates coming to Suncorp and that comes down to exactly what IVAN HAS BEEN HAMMERING THEM ABOUT SINCE '09 - ATTITUDE ! Not in the bloody Courier Mail but out on the field. The players took ownership late last year and the city rallied behind them, it can and will happen again but some of the deeper seated problems at the Broncos need long term resolution if we are to gain the consistency Ivan Henjak longs 4.
I 4 one am right behind you Ivan.

Big Pete

Referee
you can make up excuses all you want Henjaks coaching had very little maye even nothing to do with usmaking the semi finals last year.:crazy:

I wasn't making any excuses.

Just exposing your points that you casually made up.

Dazzat

First Grade
you can make up excuses all you want Henjaks coaching had very little maye even nothing to do with usmaking the semi finals last year.:crazy:

Your argument is bordering on ... well I won't say it ...

So let me get this straight.

If a team goes well, it's not the coach, it's the team's purple patch.

If a team goes bad, its the coach fault and not the player's.

The coach gets all the blame, but none of the credit ...???

Remind me not to coach your son's team (if you have a son) because you'd be the parent from hell.