What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

beads6

First Grade
Yeah he's absolutely swimming in options at the moment at 1, 7, and 9. To sack the coach in this situation is ridiculous. So every time a team suffers heaps of injuries you're gonna sack the coach? Dude, don't panic yet.

Dude, we were playing woeful when we had Wallace and Macca in the team. It is not about the winning it is about playing well and playing as a team. We have not done that for more than a half this season. Our defence keeps getting worse. If we at least show improvement people will get off Ivan's back.

Ghoulies

Bench
Hard to show improvement when a new player gets injured every week, beads. I bet if we had a good 3-4 week run with no major disruptions to the squad, you'd see the improvement you crave.

Ghoulies

Bench
So sorry for having the nerve to dare post on your forum. Did not realise I had to be qualified. No I've never coached anything, me I'm just a Broncos fan who is at present watching a team that he loves falling apart after the first half.
Was that the first time anyone has ever disagreed with you? Don't be so sensitive.

You took a few seconds of camera footage from both half time sheds, footage that included an apparently telling moment where Henjak checked his watch (...), and concluded that he f**ked up, when in reality you have no idea what was going on. That's why I accuse you of talking sh*t.

beads6

First Grade
Hard to show improvement when a new player gets injured every week, beads. I bet if we had a good 3-4 week run with no major disruptions to the squad, you'd see the improvement you crave.

I know the injuries really hurt us but why is it that a few injuries is an excuse for a team to be unable to tackle? Defence is the problem and it seems it has not even been looked at.:crazy:

screeder

Juniors
Dude, we were playing woeful when we had Wallace and Macca in the team. It is not about the winning it is about playing well and playing as a team. We have not done that for more than a half this season. Our defence keeps getting worse. If we at least show improvement people will get off Ivan's back.

I said in the Knights match thread that the injury toll is no excuse for a performance like that especially the defensive aspect although it does obviously effect combinations in defence and attack and what we are agreeing on is that effort and attitude is lacking at times. However, the injury situation most definitely is having a negative impact on selections in key positions and most importantly results at the end of 80 minutes. I take your point about playing ordinary with Macca and Wallace there but we at least need those guys there week in week out to get the combinations working. I also could've taken that result a bit easier if they actually showed up against a pretty piss poor Knights outfit.

Lycon79

Juniors
I agree defence is the problem. Our laterall movement is $hit, we can't cover any changes indirection by the opp attack, its like our inside men are stuck in the mud. This is a fitness problem IMO and won;t be fixed by sacking Henjack. I actually don't mind some of his attacking plays, when the players get them right and don't crowd each other or get in each others way.
IMO we should not have let Dean Bennton go but since we have we need to throw cash at Billy Johnstone, a well respected harda$$ trainer renouned for wipping teams into shape.
I think this would be the best move going forward because it wouldn't disrupt the team like sacking the coach would and it will address what is the major problem within the Broncs ranks. Although even if we signed him today we probably wouldn't see any results until next year maybe at the end of this season at best but at least it would be a positive step forward.

screeder

Juniors
Beads, also good to see you're not actually calling for Ivans head any more. Rationality finally set in?:D

screeder

Juniors
I agree defence is the problem. Our laterall movement is $hit, we can't cover any changes indirection by the opp attack, its like our inside men are stuck in the mud. This is a fitness problem IMO and won;t be fixed by sacking Henjack. I actually don't mind some of his attacking plays, when the players get them right and don't crowd each other or get in each others way.
IMO we should not have let Dean Bennton go but since we have we need to throw cash at Billy Johnstone, a well respected harda$$ trainer renouned for wipping teams into shape.
I think this would be the best move going forward because it wouldn't disrupt the team like sacking the coach would and it will address what is the major problem within the Broncs ranks. Although even if we signed him today we probably wouldn't see any results until next year maybe at the end of this season at best but at least it would be a positive step forward.

Yeah the defensive probs also a result of the youth and inexperience of the team. I think Benton wanted to go and they couldn't handcuff him to the dressing sheds at Red Hill in time. Get a good fitness trainer and an even better defense coach and go from there.

beads6

First Grade
Beads, also good to see you're not actually calling for Ivans head any more. Rationality finally set in?:D

I am happy to see him go because in my eyes he has really done nothing with the squad we have. I am happy to give him more time but I want to start seeing a game plan and a better attitude in defence. I don't think the players want to play for him tbh!

screeder

Juniors
He was originally the players choice. They dead set wanted him in the job. Things change in 2 years though. Having helped to lift the team to within 1 game of GF last year i don't think player morale would be down because of Henjak. Maybe different for Sims, McGuire. Setu was on the outa but seems to be back in.

beads6

First Grade
He was originally the players choice. They dead set wanted him in the job. Things change in 2 years though. Having helped to lift the team to within 1 game of GF last year i don't think player morale would be down because of Henjak. Maybe different for Sims, McGuire. Setu was on the outa but seems to be back in.

They way Henjak has handled Sims is a joke IMO. Also last year we did well to make it so far but in reality we really only played good football for like 6 or 7 weeks.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Also last year we did well to make it so far but in reality we really only played good football for like 6 or 7 weeks.

whilst i'm happy the boys made it so far last year it covered up the fact that we scrapped togetehr some wins early on and went through a disgusting run of getting flogged in the middle of the season before putting togetehr some good footy at the end of the year.

i've said many times our defense has been sh*t going back to the bennett period, we cant shut down offloads, line speeds sh*t (except for setu who's line speed is too fast :lol: ) and we basically struggle whenever a team throws the ball around.

this isnt a simple combination thing as it happens when we have the top squad on the park. whatever defensive coaches or experts in the past havent helped address the problem and i dont think a fitness person will help.

it really is a case of henjak going back to basics in all areas. I watched some of the manly tries yesterday and soem of them were simply about seeing an overlap, follwoed by slick ball movement. but the accuracy and fluency opf the attack has been missing for a while

badav

Bench
At a minimum it will get rid of some bullsh*t selections. I applaud Alex Glenn's efforts last night but he is not a hooker and to go into any game with an inexperienced half and fullback + a make shift hooker is asking to lose.

Who else would you put in those positions?

Go on, let us know?

Dazzat

First Grade
Unfortunately you can't sack whinging, under-performing fans. They just hang around and keep whinging, with the "fan" label on their jersey, but they act like "detractors" instead.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
Was that the first time anyone has ever disagreed with you? Don't be so sensitive.

You took a few seconds of camera footage from both half time sheds, footage that included an apparently telling moment where Henjak checked his watch (...), and concluded that he f**ked up, when in reality you have no idea what was going on. That's why I accuse you of talking sh*t.

Don't jump to uniformed conclusions about my feelings. I did not base my sh*t (your words) on a few seconds of TV footage, we are into week 8 and that is not the first time we have seen inside the sheds at half time or the first time we have seen the coach. Open you eyes and have a look at the body language. If my workers were not performing for the 2nd half the week, week in week out someone would be getting their ar*e kicked.

So now rather than abuse me - and please leave out the "attack is the best form of defense" - (or did I hit a nerve) you tell me why we did not score one point last week in the 2nd half against the Knights for goodness sake?

beads6

First Grade
Ivan Henjak is doing an outstanding job as coach at the Broncos. I can't find a fault in his coaching at all. Despite repeated injury blows the Brisbane Broncos continue to defend and play as a team struggling to win matches but doing there best.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Who else would you put in those positions?

Go on, let us know?
It's only the selection of Glenn at hooker that really bothered me and that had more to do with the fact that there wasn't anyone on the bench that plays hooker regularly. I would play Glenn at hooker for the first 20 or so and then bring on Baptiste. The Broncos lacked direction on Friday night and playing someone who is more familiar with steering a side around the park may have helped. Quite happy with Hoffmans perfomances so far, and even though Hunt hasn't played the house down I don't expect a 20 year old half to do so and the more game time he gets the better off the Broncos are in the long run.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
I will trust your judgment Beads6 and I withdraw my comments, I'm not in a position to know how good or otherwise the coaching staff is. I'm still gutted that we lost against the Knights at home after being in front at half time.