What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So now Kirk is willing to take a pay cut...

aqua_duck

Coach
Kirk willing to have pay cut

Article from: </IMG>
By Steve Jancetic
August 31, 2007 12:00am
OUT of favour Newcastle forward Kirk Reynoldson claims he is willing to take a pay cut in order to remain at the beleaguered NRL club next season.
On the same day the Knights bring their tumultuous season to a close with a clash against Wests Tigers at Telstra Stadium, Reynoldson said he was desperate to play on in the red and blue in 2008.
The 28-year-old hasn't been selected to play against the Tigers, leaving him one game shy of activating an automatic extension of his contract for a fourth season.
That deal is in the vicinity of $200,000 a season, but Reynoldson said today he was willing to play on a reduced salary.
"I have been prepared to compromise on my contract fee for 2008 so that I can play with the Knights next season and I am still willing to do that,'' Reynoldson said today. "All I want is to play with the Knights next year.
"I have been part of this team for the last three years and I want to continue to be part of the Knights and part of this community. I feel I have been prepared to meet the club halfway and I would like to come to a resolution so that we can all move forward.''
Reynoldson's position would appear to be an about-face with the Knights earlier claiming the former Melbourne backrower twice knocked back a compromise deal worth a rumoured $150,000 for 2008.
Reynoldson hasn't been selected in first grade since Newcastle's round 22 loss to Manly, and recently threatened to take the club to court in order to see the final year of his contract fulfilled.
"My goal in speaking publicly is to call upon the Knights to sort things out with me on an amicable basis,'' Reynoldson said today.
"It is time to find a solution and I have always been available to sit down and negotiate. My legal advice is that I have a valid contract for next year. It has never been fully explained to me why I haven't been selected in recent weeks.''
The Knights will collect their second wooden spoon in the last three years with a loss to the Tigers tonight.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22339621-5006066,00.html

What a bloody tosser, it sh*ts me how he acts as if he's been so hard done by, and that all he wants to do is play for the knights when he's the moron who knocked back 150k twice, then complains about his mortgage etc.

I'll be very disappointed if the club put the contract back on the table, and I suspect the reason kirk now wants to take the pay cut is because his legal team know they haven't got a foot to stand on in court. We should hang the bastard out to dry, there's no way i could cheer for him next season

Jono078

Referee
If he is to get another contract with us I hope it is the absolute minimum contract..

Will really test his loyalty.

I'm guessing that other teams have offered him a contract around 80k a year, but because we offered him 150k before he think's we will do it again, which will basically mean he is bending us over again.

That better not be the case.

perverse

Referee
don't want him here after he's dragged the club through the mud this year. forget about it kirk - that ship has sailed (i hope...)

p*ss off you whinger.

antonius

Coach
I'd rather they pay the money to Abes and keep him. Better player, better principles, and he aint a whinger. Then again I'm biased when it comes to Abes.

antonius said:
I'd rather they pay the money to Abes and keep him. Better player, better principles, and he aint a whinger. Then again I'm biased when it comes to Abes.

Yep, that's the way.

Use the money to boost a genuine Knight. Maybe Patterson or Voona (I know Voona is a Kiwi but he's got talent).

perverse

Referee
antonius said:
totally agree. he's a better player anyway. (but then again - im also biased when it comes it abes.. lol)

aqua_duck

Coach
the fact of the matter is he's dragged the club through hell and back for his own cause, he's not a team player

aqua_duck said:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22339621-5006066,00.html

What a bloody tosser, it sh*ts me how he acts as if he's been so hard done by, and that all he wants to do is play for the knights when he's the moron who knocked back 150k twice, then complains about his mortgage etc.

I'll be very disappointed if the club put the contract back on the table, and I suspect the reason kirk now wants to take the pay cut is because his legal team know they haven't got a foot to stand on in court. We should hang the bastard out to dry, there's no way i could cheer for him next season

Well some ppl still say Ned Kelly aint dead :lol:

Spike

First Grade
I'd rather the 150K be spent on the guy who cleans out the dead pigeon carcasses from the rafters of EAS. He has more impact and a better beard than this tard

Matt23

Staff member
He should'nt be around, after the caneing we got from the telecrap because of him.

stuke

Bench
i'd say that Kirk has found that $150 000 contract is pretty hard to come by and is kicking himself for not taking what was offered to him earlier by the Knights.

Haha! I hope they tell him he is too late!

Nuffy

Bench
So Royal has achieved more in his career at Newcastle that Reynoldson has, hes at least won a man of the match for the club.

keeney

First Grade
Man, after his debut I never thought I'd say it, but god damn Jesse Royal was the only decent player out there in the first half. Phenomenal offloads for a guy with feet for hands.

Reyno is making a bigger wanker and liar of himself every time he opens his mouth werent the original $150k contracts for something like 2-3 years, how dumb was he for not taking them up and securing his future.

Getting rid of the hack will be more satisfying then getting rid of Tighe and even Perry after his Tirade.

antonius

Coach
Yep I'd say his little foray into the media yesterday would've cooked his goose with the club. He can p!ss off. What the hell was Greg Combet there for. If that's his style he wont get my vote, stick to politics and keep your nose outa our footy team.