What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So proud of Gallop

The Tank

Bench
This was a defining moment in Australian sporting history and David Gallop has proved that he's a great leader. It was harsh (for the fans and innocent members of the club) but it was the correct punishment. No other sporting organisation in the country would have made the same call. Gallop, and his team, did so. It was incredibly brave, especially considering the importance of the Storm with regards to the new TV deal. Gallop hasn't always got things right but I'm proud that our CEO isn't corrupt and has made the NRL, and rugby league, the cleanest sporting organisation in the country. Well in Dave!

Brutus

Referee
I reckon John Hartigan made the decision, Gallop just followed orders as per usual.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he did right by tkaing off the premierships and minor premierships, the fine plus the handing abck of the prize money but the farcial nature of forcing them to play in this years comp and get no points has just screwed up the comp for 2010

strip them of points, put them into the minus enough so they cant make finals but saying "well you can win but you wont get points" just means all matches with the storm will be farcial

dice

Juniors
Gallop stated the Storm will not be able to retain players the same way the Bulldogs did. By doing so he has effectively acknowledged he has allowed salary cap cheats to win a premiership. Nothing to be proud of...

As Gallop showed with the handling of the many Bulldogs incidents, treatment of Matthew Johns, etc. Gallop is nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.

...and lets not forget how Gallop allowed the NRL to get totally screwed over in the TV rights deal.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Gallop stated the Storm will not be able to retain players the same way the Bulldogs did. By doing so he has effectively acknowledged he has allowed salary cap cheats to win a premiership. Nothing to be proud of...

As Gallop showed with the handling of the many Bulldogs incidents, treatment of Matthew Johns, etc. Gallop is nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.

...and lets not forget how Gallop allowed the NRL to get totally screwed over in the TV rights deal.

Errr the NRL stripped them of the premierships they won with their illegal roster as soon as they found out what had happened. They hardly allowed them to win their premierships under false pretences at the time because no one knew.

The NRL did the right thing. Could you imagine the press having a field day if Gallop had said "no worries boys, keep your trophy and your roster but I'm going to slap your wrist and tell you that you've been naughty. Ohh and don't worry life is just going to continue as normal". If that happened the game would be dead and buried for ever and ever.

Eels Dude

Coach

Sounds to me you're a bitter David Gallop hater if you're bringing up decisions from years ago in comparison to a decision made here. Maybe you should start a seperate thread whingeing about him, something that has only been done 10 000 times the past 12 months.

Evenflow

Bench
+ another

I hope you're in as much agreeance when it's found that the Titans are rorting the sh*t out of the cap. Somehow i doubt it. I really hope for the sake of the game it doesn't turn out to be the case but i'll be very very surprised if the Titans won't be found to be up to something shifty. There's much more to come out of that and if you think otherwise you're deluded.

lsta5838

Juniors
I agree that there was really no other option that what was done.

I don't think Gallop is a good leader, as, if he was, this rubbish would not have occured, and secondly, it would not have taken 5 years for it to be exposed.

As the CEO he takes overall responsibility for the NRL, meaning, even if he is not the auditor, he has overall responsibility to ensure the cap is not cheated and everyone is following the rules of the league.

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
I do like David Gallop but

This is a disgrace.. if the salary cap was sorted in the first place there would be none of this bullsh*t. i myself am guttered at whats happend. im late on the train here i only heard a few hours ago(yep im on mars)

Where was Greg Inglis , Billy Slater , Cameron Smith etc etc etc before the Storm???? where they were amazing talent but the Storm realised it why should they sacrifice it? how do south sydney get away with so many imports worth so much??? i know much of their talent is stolen , but come on this is a joke.
GREAT clubs like Storm are penalised for refining talent and then having it ripped away by a stupid system to feed clubs that cant do the same..
what the storm did is f**kd but there has to be a system in place to protect dare i say it ""homegrown talent ""club produced talent"" . anyone agree> >>> ?? Or have i had to many scotches tonight.

im guttered

thank you David and the NRL you have just destroyed one of the greatest teams in the nrl history.

Go the Storm i hope they can win every remaining game.its going to be a long time before ill watch another nrl match and im not even a storm supporter...

Alex28

Coach
I hope you're in as much agreeance when it's found that the Titans are rorting the sh*t out of the cap. Somehow i doubt it. I really hope for the sake of the game it doesn't turn out to be the case but i'll be very very surprised if the Titans won't be found to be up to something shifty. There's much more to come out of that and if you think otherwise you're deluded.
I think the ultimate penalty for the Titans will come when they realise that they still have a very mediocre team for all of the money (legal and illegal) they have paid.

At least the Storm had an amazing team while they were rorting the sh*t out of the cap!

FamilyFirst

Juniors
I do like David Gallop but

This is a disgrace.. if the salary cap was sorted in the first place there would be none of this bullsh*t. i myself am guttered at whats happend. im late on the train here i only heard a few hours ago(yep im on mars)

Where was Greg Inglis , Billy Slater , Cameron Smith etc etc etc before the Storm???? where they were amazing talent but the Storm realised it why should they sacrifice it? how do south sydney get away with so many imports worth so much??? i know much of their talent is stolen , but come on this is a joke.
GREAT clubs like Storm are penalised for refining talent and then having it ripped away by a stupid system to feed clubs that cant do the same..
what the storm did is f**kd but there has to be a system in place to protect dare i say it ""homegrown talent ""club produced talent"" . anyone agree> >>> ?? Or have i had to many scotches tonight.

im guttered

thank you David and the NRL you have just destroyed one of the greatest teams in the nrl history.

Go the Storm i hope they can win every remaining game.its going to be a long time before ill watch another nrl match and im not even a storm supporter...
The Storm got in first and abused the trust of the NRL. Shame on you Melbourne Storm! The storm has home grown talent? You have been smokin' too much of the home grown pal. They are a Queensland feeder side.

Stay away from the Scotch!

FF

Latest posts