What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So we are at 5th

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Johns Magic said:
Johns doesn't count.

Thaiday, Seage, Davico, Seu Seu, Tolar, Taufua, Sargent and Polglase struggle to make the side anyway. In fact at full-strength, I think only Tolar and Sargent would make the team.

Abraham's injury was a blessing in disguise for us. Useless at 5/8.

Gidley, MacDougall, Mullen, Buderus and Simpson have missed about 7 games between them through injury.

Newton didn't miss one game through injury.

That is a very kind run when you compare it to the other teams in the competition.
Regardless, you can't say that the abovementioned side is a team full of nuffies. I'd go as far as saying if that side ran out (which it obviously wont) it'd do a job on some teams

Apey

Staff member
I'm more worried about this weekend. We should keep in the top 8 even with a loss; but this is going to be an extremely hard game for us. Gidley, Simpson, Buderus AND Mullen out this time :(

Gidley is still a while away yet but it will be great when we have walsh, mullen, buderus and simpson to stay :p

Pika

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
I dunno ... Kidley could be be back sooner than most think

True that.

Mullen will have a full run this afternoon. He could be back in the side this weekend.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I think we are pretty much opposite to how the Penny Panthers are travelling. They seem to be able to beat the top sides at will but can't beat the bottom sides to save themselves. We couldn't beat a premiership contender if we played our best footy let alone the way we are travelling this year, they just grind us into a pulp.

TooheysNew

Coach
If there's one thing i've learnt, it's that Bicey, Nuffy and Knights Battler completely lack a sense of optimism in any situation.

Frederick

Staff member
Dilmah said:
If there's one thing i've learnt, it's that Bicey, Nuffy and Knights Battler completely lack a sense of optimism in any situation.
Jono can be very pessimistic at times too

RABK

Referee
If we beat the Tigers tomorrow we'll be equal 3rd after 13 rounds. Sitting 4th behind the Cowboys due to our atrocious for and against.

But still.... it'll be equal 3rd and outright 4th.

Incredible when you consider how inconsitent and uninspiring we've been this season. Time to click in the back half of the season - we win 8 or 9 of our last 13 and we could be looking at a top 4 finish.

Who would have guessed that on April 10th 2007? (Day Joey retired)

Bicey_18

Bench
Dilmah said:

Hey I actually think now with the conditions we are in with a shot to win this. Lack sense of optimism? Mate its called reality

Jono078

Referee
I really think we will win.

Tigers are an awful wet weather team, and are missing 3 key players.

Bicey_18

Bench
I watched their game Vs Manly this year in diabolical conditions and they had nothing.... Under the high ball, the Tigers have the lowest % in diffusing them... Walshy needs to have a superb kicking game here and the forwards lift and power up the middle. The boys are pumped up for this I have read.. wanting to put in a great performance with wats happened over the weekend with the bad weather. Im tipping a Knights win by 10

keeney

First Grade
Someone who is up in Newcastle, is it still raining? I agree with the consensus on here that our best chance is in the wet. It's meant to rain tomorrow isn't it?

Apey

Staff member
The rain has been on and off all night, apparently the game is still going to be played. Right now, it's not raining at all.

keeney

First Grade
Anyone heard anything on Mullen? He seemed to be a pretty good chance earlier in the week, what's the case now?