What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what happens now

jmmyo81

Juniors
Hey guys, just wanted to know is it correct that if the tigers win the game on friday night that we will then travel to melbourne to play the storm. i used to believe that the week 3 of the finals matches were always played in sydney but no i'm not so sure ???

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hey guys, just wanted to know is it correct that if the tigers win the game on friday night that we will then travel to melbourne to play the storm. i used to believe that the week 3 of the finals matches were always played in sydney but no i'm not so sure ???

They will play the Storm in Melbourne Week 3 if they win...

Dragons01

First Grade
That is the irony by the Tigers winning last Friday night they automatically with the other results on the weekend jumped to the Storm side of the draw. Week 3 Melbourne in Melbourne.

Juniors

Thats what I've been hearing, I too thought it may be in Sydney.

It's ludicrous that we would have beaten teams 5 & 6 and than have to go to Melbourne, while Melbourne has only beaten team 8 and get a home game,minor premiers or not the advantage is huge.

jmmyo81

Juniors
cheers guys, spewin hey. definitely makes our 2010 finals run look easy compared to this. in saying that though from memory i think our record against the storm isnt too bad. thanks again :)

BuffaloRules

Coach
That is the irony by the Tigers winning last Friday night they automatically with the other results on the weekend jumped to the Storm side of the draw. Week 3 Melbourne in Melbourne.

Would you rather go to Brisbane this week, then Manly, and then have to play Melbourne in the GF anyway??

Im not really that disappointed with how its turned out....

Mader45

Juniors
What's the ultimate NRL media fantasy for a grand final now?

Lockyer vs Benji?

Lockyer vs Storms redemption?

Round 2: Fight - Manly vs Storm

Bennett vs Belamy

The battle of Sydney - Dragons vs Tigers

Based on ratings and interest you'd have to assume Broncs vs Tigers would be the most well received match up in a final, nationwide, right?

Aus vs NZ captain
Two most revered 5/8ths in the competition
Two biggest inter-state teams left (that can make the final)

Rig this $hit and let's see it done.

Dragons01

First Grade
Would you rather go to Brisbane this week, then Manly, and then have to play Melbourne in the GF anyway??

Im not really that disappointed with how its turned out....

I just think the system is seriously flawed. Melbourne already have had the advantage of a home semi and a week off and then they get another home semi in week 3(which would not happen for any Sydney team that finished minor premiers). No team in week 3 should be getting a home semi.

If it is about crowds like the NRL says then Melbourne v Tigers in Sydney would have to draw more people than Melbourne v Tigers in Melbourne.

Tigerm

Coach
I think The Bronc's & Tigers have gotten the raw deal, both first up winners who could now get knocked out by first up losers.

But you have got to have something?

simmo1

First Grade
No such thing as raw deals come finals time - you're gunna have to beat the best teams anyway.

What did you guys expect? That we beat Saints, get the week off, and then play the Cowboys and Knights in the semi and final?

Thats what I've been hearing, I too thought it may be in Sydney.

It's ludicrous that we would have beaten teams 5 & 6 and than have to go to Melbourne, while Melbourne has only beaten team 8 and get a home game,minor premiers or not the advantage is huge.

Melbourne were also the best team over 26 weeks, hence why they get the advantage. Would it be fairer if the top teams had to travel for their prelims? If so, how?

If you want to be called the premiers, you need to beat whoever they put in front of you.

TheDMC

Bench
I think The Bronc's & Tigers have gotten the raw deal, both first up winners who could now get knocked out by first up losers.

But you have got to have something?

Last year the tigs, after losing their round 1 final, the following week knocked out Canberra who had won their 1st finals match. Were you feeling that Penrith were hard done by then?

Hope the warrior knock Tigers out...if not, hope Tigers win the comp...

westie

Bench
Melbourne will sell out AAMI if the NRL make sure if doesn't clash with the AFL. Why should we get a home semi for being 10 times shitter than them?

super_coach

First Grade
Disaster for the NRL, if the Tigers beat the Warriors and the Bronks beat St Merge, like most punters expect, they will not have a game in Sydney a week out from the Grand Final. Also the Tigers of the remaining sides are the best drawers of a crowd yet will be sent to Melbourne.
Surly by week three of a final series we should be looking at neutral grounds so both teams are on are level playing field. Lets face it if we won the minor premiership we could not drag the Storm out to Cambo in week three of a finals series

cooper04

Juniors
Disaster for the NRL, if the Tigers beat the Warriors and the Bronks beat St Merge, like most punters expect, they will not have a game in Sydney a week out from the Grand Final. Also the Tigers of the remaining sides are the best drawers of a crowd yet will be sent to Melbourne.
Surly by week three of a final series we should be looking at neutral grounds so both teams are on are level playing field. Lets face it if we won the minor premiership we could not drag the Storm out to Cambo in week three of a finals series

If Broncos beat Dragons they play Manly in Sydney so there will be a game in Sydney a week before the Grand Final.

Manly game second remember they are higher placed than the Broncos.

Manly are playing in Sydney next week. How are people still putting a potential Manly/Broncos game in Brisbane? Manly had the week off, Manly get the home game in week 3. Simple.