What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...What Is Our 'Culture"?

getsmarty

Immortal
The rot sort of came in when we lost JDB. There was a lot of positivity in the minds of our players and coaches after the last few games of 2018 and everyone was looking forward to a great 2019 but unfortunately as bad luck would have it, we plodded for 2019 and 2020.

Now that we have JDB back and he is now starting to get back into a good rhythm and getting much needed match fitness and a better feel with the new rules, the team should now get back to some consistency and the coaches can plan better for future games, especially with the returns of Fui and McGuire and then Lomax. Hopefully if we challenge the charge on Rava and is successful, we should end up with a team that can help win us the games that will enable us to end in the top 8 this season.

Agree but I don't buy the JDB excuse.... McGregor and the club handled this very badly....Yes, he was a big loss , but at the end of the day , you could have given the former coach the current penrith team and he would have de-skilled them....The rot has been there since Bennett left...

Anyway, on the upward now...will take time to rebuild but we have better people in charge.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
As a fan?

Definitely blowing our load with the easiests of wins, then blaming either a single player or the ref if we lose a match.

The rot sort of came in when we lost JDB. There was a lot of positivity in the minds of our players and coaches after the last few games of 2018 and everyone was looking forward to a great 2019 but unfortunately as bad luck would have it, we plodded for 2019 and 2020.

Now that we have JDB back and he is now starting to get back into a good rhythm and getting much needed match fitness and a better feel with the new rules, the team should now get back to some consistency and the coaches can plan better for future games, especially with the returns of Fui and McGuire and then Lomax. Hopefully if we challenge the charge on Rava and is successful, we should end up with a team that can help win us the games that will enable us to end in the top 8 this season.
That’s it.

I mean you haven’t really gone to market for marquee, your best player out for the season...the loss of Friz etc. players told they are finished. But the caravan rolls on.

That’s what I like about sgi. Genuine broad team effort with the odd lapse. Top 8 certainties.

mickeylane

Bench
So here is the very problem about this club! You have the club captain Ben Hunt and teams best player coming out in the press today and saying verbatim “I have no problem w the clubs culture”
Yes Ben nothing wrong here nothing to look - at we are all good EXCEPT a current teammate threatening to bash a neighbour w a weapon (Amone)
Nothing wrong w a player bashing his partner (Molo)
Nothing wrong w 2 teammates in a wrestle at 6am on the morning after a crushing loss in charity shield
Nothing wrong w the club forgetting to inscribe last years charity shield w the clubs name after winning it
Nothing wrong w only 2 players turning up to the end of season presentation
No nothing wrong here - we are all good..

So here is the very problem about this club! You have the club captain Ben Hunt and teams best player coming out in the press today and saying verbatim “I have no problem w the clubs culture”
Yes Ben nothing wrong here nothing to look - at we are all good EXCEPT a current teammate threatening to bash a neighbour w a weapon (Amone)
Nothing wrong w 2 teammates in a wrestle at 6am on the morning after a crushing loss in charity shield
Nothing wrong w the club forgetting to inscribe last years charity shield w the clubs name after winning it

I don’t want step on anyone toes as I’m a guest, and respect your club, but I’d like to add that Amone and Molo still training with the boys and being part of the gang, like nothing is wrong should be included in any culture questions.

That basically means tacit acceptance of them into the club fold when they should be set aside.

One is guilty of a domestic violence offence and the other one is facing 14 years hard time.

My work would suspend them indefinitely.

We’d be prepared to be sued if need be.

Staff feeling happy and comfortable with people they can trust is key. Giving our customers the best we can, includes presenting sound people.

Top Gear came to end when that Clarkson knob punched his producer and got sacked. The BBC took the lead and put values before profit. The British Prime Minister whinged and they told him to f**k off.

It’s called leadership. Didn’t come from government either ( how surprising?).

SGI needs to amp up and give you back the sense of pride in your club. Whatever the cost, you’ve been struggling for ages.

Ben is one of my favourite NRL players.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Yeah but what do you want him to say?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don’t want step on anyone toes as I’m a guest, and respect your club, but I’d like to add that Amone and Molo still training with the boys and being part of the gang, like nothing is wrong should be included in any culture questions.

That basically means tacit acceptance of them into the club fold when they should be set aside.

One is guilty of a domestic violence offence and the other one is facing 14 years hard time.

My work would suspend them indefinitely.

We’d be prepared to be sued if need be.

Staff feeling happy and comfortable with people they can trust is key. Giving our customers the best we can, includes presenting sound people.

Top Gear came to end when that Clarkson knob punched his producer and got sacked. The BBC took the lead and put values before profit. The British Prime Minister whinged and they told him to f**k off.

It’s called leadership. Didn’t come from government either ( how surprising?).

SGI needs to amp up and give you back the sense of pride in your club. Whatever the cost, you’ve been struggling for ages.

Ben is one of my favourite NRL players.
Can you enlighten me as to when Zane Musgrove was charged with "sexual" assault while playing for the Tigers was he stood down from training etc until the matter was resolved? As i don't follow the Tigers i don't know what your management did..

Walpole

Juniors
The 'culture' question is an interesting one. I assume we have women who work for the club. I wonder how they feel about having JDB and Molo around. I wonder how inclusive it is as a modern business. From the outside it appears to be run like a suburban sporting club where a few old boys anoint themselves as President, Secretary etc. and all the first grade players sit around and laugh at their 1970's jokes. We're a club caught up in the past with too many snouts in the trough and no strong leadership amongst the playing group.

Can you enlighten me as to when Zane Musgrove was charged with "sexual" assault while playing for the Tigers was he stood down from training etc until the matter was resolved? As i don't follow the Tigers i don't know what your management did..

Don’t remember.

Still, we are are spooners. Whatever we did was hopeless.

You should do the opposite to what we did!

Dragon David

First Grade
Here is the answer to what you enquired about Ayios -

Also, he was charged by police for driving with a suspended licence and the magistrate wasn't happy with him for being untruthful -

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Also, he was charged by police for driving with a suspended licence and the magistrate wasn't happy with him for being untruthful -

I did not know this about this bloke…glad we signed him then…fits in perfectly with the wife bashers, sex pests and drunks we have at the club already.

BLM01

First Grade

He was at Souths at the time of the incident and was not alone with committing the crime
Tigers signed him afterwards when the NRL registered the contract after the court findings
So Tigers happy to do it
So in answer to @AyiosYiorgos your answer is Nil

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
When no decent player wanted to join the club, the club removed the “no dickheads” policy.
The issue is that the good clubs have a "no dickhead" policy. Unfortunately, in this day and age, that could be seen as discrimination against the dickheads. Some clubs must therefore allow dickheads just to avoid lawsuits. Sadly St George illawarra must be one of those clubs. 🙁. Just my opinion of course.

Old Timer

Coach
Not so long ago some people in this place were agitating for Folau & Lodge and now going off about Rava.

People posting that the “best clubs” have a no dick head policy and that’s why they succeed.

Such posters who then bag our club have absolutely NFI

The NRL is full if dick heads and all clubs have their share.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The issue is that the good clubs have a "no dickhead" policy. Unfortunately, in this day and age, that could be seen as discrimination against the dickheads. Some clubs must therefore allow dickheads just to avoid lawsuits. Sadly St George illawarra must be one of those clubs. 🙁. Just my opinion of course.
Not sure how it all works. But I think, if there is a dickhead player out there, then the good teams don’t even talk to them or their managers. Meanwhile, the brains trust at the dragons are scoping out the local jails and nursing homes looking for untapped talent.