What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...What Is Our 'Culture"?

mickeylane

Bench
Yeah but what do you want him to say?
Dont you think that we all know there are problems...hes saying there is nothing wrong...thats just not acceptable...the club should have prepared him or at least the PR manager w a statement that accepted the issues and that they are being dealt with and that apart from that we are a merry lot! f**ked if i know what he's supposed to say but not that nothings going on...thats just throwing kerosene to the fire for me...

redv13

Bench
Not so long ago some people in this place were agitating for Folau & Lodge and now going off about Rava.

People posting that the “best clubs” have a no dick head policy and that’s why they succeed.

Such posters who then bag our club have absolutely NFI

The NRL is full if dick heads and all clubs have their share.
Totally agree OT. Souths have a couple, Melbourne has 1, the Roosters have a couple and Penrith are stacked with them but the media blow smoke up their asses so it’s all good in their eyes

jodragon40

Juniors
Unfortunately our current culture does not reflect our traditions. We seem to accept poor behaviour both on and off the field some even of a criminal nature. We appear to have become a haven for such behaviour and have lowered our expectations to accept such culture. The SGI brand has in my view suffered especially over the last few years and this is seen in our declining attendances especially at our spiritual home Kogarah oval. The standard we walk past is the standard we now accept. Our children are the ones who are affected by our current poor disciple and culture because they are the future of the club. Our 1st graders are idolised by our children but in recent years we have been negligent in ensuring that our 1st graders live up to the standards that our tradionalist hold so dearly and was cherished. I'm afraid that the Dragons of recent years are not the standard that we should accept as a loyal supporters club.

Old Timer

Coach
Unfortunately our current culture does not reflect our traditions. We seem to accept poor behaviour both on and off the field some even of a criminal nature. We appear to have become a haven for such behaviour and have lowered our expectations to accept such culture. The SGI brand has in my view suffered especially over the last few years and this is seen in our declining attendances especially at our spiritual home Kogarah oval. The standard we walk past is the standard we now accept. Our children are the ones who are affected by our current poor disciple and culture because they are the future of the club. Our 1st graders are idolised by our children but in recent years we have been negligent in ensuring that our 1st graders live up to the standards that our tradionalist hold so dearly and was cherished. I'm afraid that the Dragons of recent years are not the standard that we should accept as a loyal supporters club.
You need to face reality we have never had those standards that you desire in our club.

Its easy to paint a picture that these guys today are this and that but we need to be honset in our appraisal of those that went before them and whilst we might be referred to as the saints we sure have had an awful lot of sinners.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
You need to face reality we have never had those standards that you desire in our club.

Its easy to paint a picture that these guys today are this and that but we need to be honset in our appraisal of those that went before them and whilst we might be referred to as the saints we sure have had an awful lot of sinners.
Yes, the old days when everyone didn't have a phone camera or social media to publish their photos and videos. The League journalists too were much more discretionary in what they actually reported. The players still.played up back then, but it wasn't reported nearly as widely. I'm not sure if that situation was better or worse.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes, the old days when everyone didn't have a phone camera or social media to publish their photos and videos. The League journalists too were much more discretionary in what they actually reported. The players still.played up back then, but it wasn't reported nearly as widely. I'm not sure if that situation was better or worse.
Those were the days of "onions" aka "gang bangs" and sluts and groupies" which were terms used to belittle women and diffuse the bad behaviour of men.

Little has changed from then to now except that some women no longer tolerate such behaviour and are willing call it out but interestingly when they do many posters including some in here revert back to the "well she was asking / looking for it" defence.

Old habits die hard and so much for the much proclaimed "women in league round".