What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what will our team be next year?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Tamazoid said:
This is the team we NEED to win next year, but whether we get it is another matter.

Peachey
Merritt
Vagana
Berrigan (otherwise Chalk)
Simmons
Dykes
Kimmorley
Hilder
Gallen
Bailey
Nutley
Kingston
J.King

Maiava
Williams
Leuluai
Sullivan

King resigned with Manly weeks ago. Kingston apparently wasn't good enough to give a contract to this year so why would he get one next year?

Berrigan - we'll have to kidnap him I reckon.

mr_sharks

Juniors
Just because I dont consider Dykes a "signing" as such doesnt mean I don't think he's brilliant...I just consider he's returned home, not a player who's been bought elsewhere.
I think his COMBINATION with Kimmorley is what matters...without him, ie last year, and other teams knew where 90% of our attack would come from.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
King resigned with Manly weeks ago. Kingston apparently wasn't good enough to give a contract to this year so why would he get one next year?

Berrigan - we'll have to kidnap him I reckon.

In that team Chalk would probably get ahead of Simmons actually.

And Kingston it's acknowledged deserves a run, and I didn't know King had been tied up. So where on earth will we get another prop from?

What's happened to Michael Greenfield this year given we let him go?

imasharkie

Coach
What will the 2006 Sharkies team line-up like?

It's looking like every good player that has been available has looked elsewhere. The question is: WHY.

Guess we'll have to try and do it again with the same side.

And the same coach. :lol:

Craigshark

First Grade
Gees, looking through this thread and looking at some of your teams has got me even more worried than what i already was about our team for next year.. Not looking good..
By the way, Imasharkie, whats your problem with Raper? I know he has made mistakes, selections, rotation of the bench, game plans etc, but mate we are sitting 4th on the ladder, 2 years ago with Anderson anyone here would have jumped at being in the position we are in at this current time..
Go and ask Penrith, Souths or Newcastle supporters where they would rather be right now, where they are or where we are..
Not having a go at you mate, just seems you are very negative about him..

Sam

Juniors
I saw on the news tonight that we only offered Mason $375K but he said the deciding factor was his "mum and the kids". What are we saving our money for? Is it the looming court case with Anderson. If we lose Sully, Peach and Stevo from our top team surely that frees up some funds to have offered other sought after players more money.

Anyone one know what's going on?

Personally, I don't think Mason was ever going to leave the Dogs. He was just using us as a bargaining chip in the quest for bigger dollars from them. I think our offer of $375k was a fair dinkum bid given his track record with injury and off field drama.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sam said:
I saw on the news tonight that we only offered Mason $375K but he said the deciding factor was his "mum and the kids". What are we saving our money for? Is it the looming court case with Anderson. If we lose Sully, Peach and Stevo from our top team surely that frees up some funds to have offered other sought after players more money.

Anyone one know what's going on?

It's wrong. That's what he took to stay with the Dogs and it's been widely reported both here, the media and perhaps most importantly the Bulldogs Website that he took less to stay.

They are also giving him $50,000 in "star" sponsorship money. Effectively making it $425,000 a year.

We offered much more than that.

carcharias

Immortal
How the f**k can they stay under the cap ??

Now Anasta could be going to the rorters??

My calculator needs an update I think.

amzz

Juniors
if we get some of the players were rumored to,i think the team may look like this.
1.chalk
2.simo
3.nige
4.the great covell
5.merrit
6.dykes
7.noddy
8.hutch
9.randall
10.nuts
11.williams
12.bails
13.gallen

14.hilder
15.looloo
16.galloway
17.sully

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Don't spend money on Randall when we already have Hilder & Kingston and need to have the dollars to attract the likes of Berry so that we can avoid this happening:

amzz said:
4.the great covell

Solid winger but would be a very average centre IMO

ali

Bench
So if we don't get someone like Berrigan what are we going to do with all the excess funds? Surely we can't spend all the Peach, Stevo, and Sully money on nuffies and upgrades.

Will we stay short of the cap? Buy half a dozen junior Australian reps? Fork out for a GB international? Going by our crowds this season, we certainly shouldn't be short of a quid for next year.