What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what will our team be next year?

amzz

Juniors
from some of the stuff ive heard last nite and this morning our backline may look like this
1.Chalk/merritt
2.Simo
3.Nige
4.McKenna!!!
5.King Covell
6.Dykes
7.Noddy

Frenzy.

Post Whore
ali said:
So if we don't get someone like Berrigan what are we going to do with all the excess funds? Surely we can't spend all the Peach, Stevo, and Sully money on nuffies and upgrades.

Will we stay short of the cap? Buy half a dozen junior Australian reps? Fork out for a GB international? Going by our crowds this season, we certainly shouldn't be short of a quid for next year.

Pay Ando out?

black_dot

Juniors
I wouldnt think so coolumn, but with our board ANYTHING is possible.

IF the board do the right thing with the Development, we won't need to pay out ANY $$$ for the construction. Usually how these things work is that we should go into a partnership with a large firm, IE lend lease, stockland etc for the development. The little bay development in sydneh is a great example, the state govt owned the land but stockland is constructing.

We bring the land and its considerable value to the table in the deal, they bring their considerable experience and construction costs to the table in the deal and we have a marriage that should work and work well and be very profitably for both partners, it is done often and will gret success throughout sydney. The tigers have just entered a similar agreement with their leagues club premises on Victoria road Balmain/Rozelle and will be building a sh*t hot residential and club development there soon.

It must be noted though, that the sharks had an approach by such a partner that were willing to give us $3mil cash just for the opportunity for them to place the plans through council and once approved we would do a deal on contruction. Our board in their wisdom declined, and our board are still trying to get the council stuff through nearly 6 years later......and infact we are backwards in our position with the council compared to where we were when we had the chance to let experienced, weight carrying developers push the plans through council . Needless to say the development would be finished and operational by now had our board taken up the companies offer....

wittyfan

Referee
amzz said:
from some of the stuff ive heard last nite and this morning our backline may look like this
1.Chalk/merritt
2.Simo
3.Nige
4.McKenna!!!
5.King Covell
6.Dykes
7.Noddy

Was the stuff inside your head????

amzz

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Was the stuff inside your head????
hey good call but no.
im still not sure why your being a real pick to me
im not sure what it is i have done

Isurus

Juniors
What about trying to select a top 25 squad for next year. Going on assumed releases, non renewal of contracts, rumoured signings (1 only) etc, it may look something like this: -

1. Simmonds
2. Chalk
3. Vagana
4. Scott
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Galloway
9. Hilder
10. Nutley
11. Williams
12. Bailey
13. Gallen
14. Maiava
15. Leuluai
16. Manua
17. Bird
18. Isemonger
19. Harlen
20. Stosic?
21. Aitken?
22. ??? centre
23. ??? centre/winger/fullback
24. ??? half
25. ??? hooker

I have assumed the following players will be gone, based on fact & forum gossip:-
Stevens
Peachey
Sullivan
Mellor
McGoldrick
Merritt
Green
Dumas
Mellars
Ciraldo
Kingston
Don't know about Stosic and Aitken - what is the status on these guys.

The squad assembled looks short of centres/wingers, and a hooker. Some of the backup forwards really need to find the next level.

There are also blokes like Selmes, Douglas, Lovegrove etc who may find themselves in the top 25.

Centre remains a real problem - we are letting up to 3 go, but have nothing to step up as yet (maybe Goodwin, althogh I've noticed he's been moved out to the wng in Flegg). There are obvious issues with Raper and Goldy, so I doubt there'll be a backflip there. Maybe Mellars will impress in the next few rounds and earn a contract for next year.

There doesn't seem to be much wing depth either, so it would be foolish to release Mez. I know it would free up cash, but what use is the cash if there is no-one to spend it on.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mr Sharkie said:
Don't spend money on Randall when we already have Hilder & Kingston and need to have the dollars to attract the likes of Berry so that we can avoid this happening:

Solid winger but would be a very average centre IMO
With experience playing at Lock, Second Row and Five-eighth, not to mention his lack of pace, he would be more than adequate, and possibly better at centre than on the wing.

I'd put him at centre and get someone with pace on the wing outside him