What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is our halfback (and forwards) now????

Cryptic

Juniors
Well with Herbert now out for the season with our copyrighted knee injury who the hell do we put in there now? I think that may be the season for us... I mean we will make the finals but how many key positions can we run down to the backup of the backup players?

Cryptic

Juniors
Well Tongue is the bandaid solution for everything (he has been there since Herbert went off) but I don't think he can be a perminant fixure there... Oh f**k... That and he just went off with a limp.... WTF! And Thompson! ARG! This is f**ked!

Cryptic

Juniors
Maybe I should change the title of this thread to who who is our team now? f**k me our injuries have been terrible this year! Awesome... Another season ending injury... What the f**k is in the water down there!

aussies1st

Staff member
Tongue has a good passing game, don't know how good his kicking game is. Tricky one but I think we'll see Tongue at halfback. If thats the case I would put Joel Thompson ahead of Jones or Plum. Only problem there is I don't think we can bring anyone else up.

Cryptic

Juniors
I can't see how the NRL can stop us if we don't have anyone else left... We got fined for it last year however so who knows... Don't we get some sort of money back in the cap due to sacking Carney?

Timbo

Staff member
No, no, NO!!!

If we're going into the semi-finals with an outside chance (which we really have here) to cause some upsets and make it through the first round or two, we need a proper halfback and a second playmaker.

MUST be Mick Picker.

Timbo

Staff member
Only other option I can see is when Hinchcliffe is fit, playing Buttriss or Hinchy at halfback, and the other at rake...

Tongue, as much as I love the man, is going to cost us games with the 7 on his back.

shear_joy9

Coach
better off bringing someone from reserves than moving tongue.

I hear Withers isn't too far away from a return.

Cryptic

Juniors
Withers would be an option but anyone else can confirm that? Plus how is his fitness???

*EDIT*

Either way I would give him a week in QLD to work back into it so not sure if he will make it in time and it would be a hell of a shift... A season of nothing then straight into the finals... Even one game in the QLD cup isn't going to prepare you for that one...

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
I'd rather Mick Picker than Withers or Buttriss. We are going to need the kicking game come the finals series.

donkey|rope

Juniors
how are brogan gibson and brad cross going for souths logan?

no way in the world mick picker is ready to play in the nrl.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well then I hope Waddell comes in as hooker, last thing we need is Tongue playing there.

Timbo

Staff member
Well then I hope Waddell comes in as hooker, last thing we need is Tongue playing there.

Perhaps Hinchy is coming along better? He was optimistic about Rd. 25.

Hinchy to hooker and Butt to half?

I'd be far more confident with Picker though.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I think Hinchcliffe is back next week so Buttriss will be the half back, I would assume. Think Buttriss will handle the role well. Will probably have to run with Miller as the front row replacement and bring in Plum or Jones. Not ideal but can't see any other options given cap restrictions.

legend

Coach
What about Weyman into the front row? Is he injured or still playing for Souths Logan?