What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is Schwarzer going to join ?

OVP

Coach
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17750418-23210,00.html

Schwarzer to quit Middlesbrough
From correspondents in London
January 6, 2006

SOCCEROOS goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has been granted a transfer request by English Premier League club Middlesbrough.

Schwarzer, 33, stunned the club by asking for a move after 342 first-team games over nine years.

"We are disappointed that Mark has made this decision but respect his feelings," Middlesbrough manager Steve McLaren said on the club website.

"In the football club's best interests, we have agreed to his transfer request and will listen to any offers we receive."

Schwarzer joined Boro in January 1997 and has played 342 first-team matches for the club.

Schwarzer is now likely to change clubs during the current transfer window which remains open through January.

AAP

Couldnt be PSV could it ?

BlindMan

Juniors
fromm bbc sport:
"The former Kaiserslautern stopper has been linked wiith a move to Arsenal"
if thats so, Arsenal are definetly going down hill if they are trying to get someone like that.

also if he does go to spain it will probably be to a bottom of the table team like mallorca or espanyol or Racing santanar imo.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
BlindMan said:
fromm bbc sport:
"The former Kaiserslautern stopper has been linked wiith a move to Arsenal"
if thats so, Arsenal are definetly going down hill if they are trying to get someone like that.

also if he does go to spain it will probably be to a bottom of the table team like mallorca or espanyol or Racing santanar imo.
Gee, you don't give him much credit. Did you not see the two games in November against Uruguay, especially the two saves he made in the penalty shoot-out?

I don't know why on Earth he would want to go somewhere they don't speak English - not unless he can speak Spanish. However, I can't blame him wanting to leave Middlesbrough when I can't see them making the Champions League any time soon, although UEFA Cup is still very good.

If he moves to a Champions League club, can he play for them? Does his UEFA Cup status prevent it or is it simply not allowed if you didn't register prior to the sommencemnet of the comp?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
bende, you must have been on a bender when you suggested Sydney FC. Archie Thompson is considering leaving the A-League for Europe as it will help keep him match fit. Why the top keeper would take a step down is way beyond me, but this is more like several steps down. I'm all for the A-league but it still has a long way to go before it catches up with the premier Euro comps.

bender

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
bende, you must have been on a bender when you suggested Sydney FC. Archie Thompson is considering leaving the A-League for Europe as it will help keep him match fit. Why the top keeper would take a step down is way beyond me, but this is more like several steps down. I'm all for the A-league but it still has a long way to go before it catches up with the premier Euro comps.

Sorry, forgot this one:lol:

But in all seriousness, if I were in Shwarzer's shoes, I wouldnt think twice about leaving UK and taking a massive pay cut to live in Queensland, but then again, i doubt i would have went to the UK to live in the first place but that is just personal preference and i am probably in the minority.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Daily Telegraph ran a story on Portsmouth interest in today's paper...They have followed Chelseas lead and got the support of a billionaire who is apparently intending to spend 20 million pounds in the transfer window

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
bender said:
Sorry, forgot this one:lol:

But in all seriousness, if I were in Shwarzer's shoes, I wouldnt think twice about leaving UK and taking a massive pay cut to live in Queensland, but then again, i doubt i would have went to the UK to live in the first place but that is just personal preference and i am probably in the minority.
That's fair enough to me. Lifestyle is a big factor as far as I'm concerned. You would be taking a risk if you drew another location out of a hat for somewhere in the world to live. Even being from NSW, I can clearly see that QLD would be a much better place to live than most places in the world. It isn't my first choice but it is closer to my first choice than my last choice. I don't even really want to think about what my last choice would be.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
Gee, you don't give him much credit. Did you not see the two games in November against Uruguay, especially the two saves he made in the penalty shoot-out?

You sound just like Craig Fortser "He is the best goalkeeper in the world cause of those 2 games against Uruguay blah, blah"

Face it, the guy is way too inconsistant, yes he can make saves like the ones he did against Uruguay, but he can also make the simplest of stuff ups. If Aresnal are thinking of signing him Wenger must be running out of options, fast.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Tim Brasher said:
Daily Telegraph ran a story on Portsmouth interest in today's paper...They have followed Chelseas lead and got the support of a billionaire who is apparently intending to spend 20 million pounds in the transfer window

Would be pretty funny to see them get relegated after they spend all that money lol.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Jackal Dog said:
You sound just like Craig Fortser "He is the best goalkeeper in the world cause of those 2 games against Uruguay blah, blah"

Face it, the guy is way too inconsistant, yes he can make saves like the ones he did against Uruguay, but he can also make the simplest of stuff ups. If Aresnal are thinking of signing him Wenger must be running out of options, fast.
I can't recall saying that he is the best player in the world. I don't think he is even the best keeper in the world. But he is very good and A-League is very much below him.

I simply alluded to the Uruguay game as it was appropriate - i.e. a recent big event most people saw and a game in which he made two very good penalty saves.

I realise that he is a player who makes some very simple errors that you would expect to see in divisions far below the premier league, but he is still a very good goalkeeper for what it is worth.

BlindMan

Juniors
yeh i've never seen or remember him doing anything exceptional in the premiership, compared to other goalkeepers

Got to give it to him though as we was awesome in those matches against Uruguay. On his day he can be among the best keepers in the world and I just hope that someone signs him quickly so that he gets plenty of quality game time before the World Cup.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Jackal Dog said:

you must not watch EPL
last season he was the number one keeper on stats: eg shots saved with the amount of shots taken and how many let in et c