What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is the best?

2150_souLJA

Juniors
In my opinion, theres only 3 players well rounded and good enough to be considered best in NRL, and they are

Hayne
Thurston
Benji

However this season its like noone wants to put their hand up and make themself the undisputed best player in the game.

Benji has been freakish as always but is wildly inconsistent
Thurston plagued by injury again
Hayne obviously brilliant but sleepwalking at times on field

Right now Ive got Benji marked as #1 because hes proven he can win a premiership, but until he proves can be perform week in week out I think Hayne will pass him in the near future.

Billythekid

First Grade
The 3 you mentioned have done little to nothing this year.

Edit: did you happen to catch Benji today? How anyone can refer to him as the best player in the game is laughable.

hellteam

First Grade
I think Inglis is clearly the best at his position. Pity he rarely seems to try in club football.

2150_souLJA

Juniors
GI is a great athlete and fantastic but theres no way an outside back can be the best player in the game.

They just dont impact the game that much.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The 3 you mentioned have done little to nothing this year.

You're dumb

Hayne is leading most metres gained this season in the NRL
3rd behind Thaiday and Gallen in most runs
Up there in try assists

There is more to rugby league then just scoring tries

mxlegend99

Referee
In my opinion, theres only 3 players well rounded and good enough to be considered best in NRL, and they are

Hayne
Thurston
Benji

However this season its like noone wants to put their hand up and make themself the undisputed best player in the game.

Benji has been freakish as always but is wildly inconsistent
Thurston plagued by injury again
Hayne obviously brilliant but sleepwalking at times on field

Right now Ive got Benji marked as #1 because hes proven he can win a premiership, but until he proves can be perform week in week out I think Hayne will pass him in the near future.
You seem to be talking about potential, and event hen these blokes don't have the same potential as Greg Inglis. On his day he is without a doubt the best player in the world IMO. He's inconsistent like these blokes, but always seems to fire up for big games.

Based on form I think Luke Lewis would be right up there as one of the best in the game though. He's certainly ahead of all of these blokes atleast.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Darius Boyd has put his hand up this year as a real superstar of the future. Hes only in his early twenties and has his whole career ahead of him so i think he will be a superstar.

hellteam

First Grade
GI is a great athlete and fantastic but theres no way an outside back can be the best player in the game.

They just dont impact the game that much.

Yeah I agree, that's why I said he was clearly the best at his position. Doesn't mean he's the best player in the game necessarily.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Luke Lewis is probably the most complete footballer in the game. Inglis is the best IMO.