What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is the best?

Sleep

Juniors
If I'm putting together a team and I've got first pick of any player I'm taking Thurston or Smith.

Mr Saab

Referee
Benji Marshall....bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha....the guy is the new
Trent "the Tampon" Barrett.
Until Benji learns how to be consistent and not throw the BS behind the back pass then he will never dominate this comp.

roopy

Referee
Uate is the best value for money.
Tied up for the next 4 years on fringe money - already worth twice what he is getting - and will be worth 4 times what he is getting by the time his contract is up.

Goddo

Bench
You're dumb

Hayne is leading most metres gained this season in the NRL
3rd behind Thaiday and Gallen in most runs
Up there in try assists

There is more to rugby league then just scoring tries

Hows his error rate? He has ability, but isn't playing like the best fullback in the game, which you clearly rate him as.

2150_souLJA

Juniors
Uate is the best value for money.
Tied up for the next 4 years on fringe money - already worth twice what he is getting - and will be worth 4 times what he is getting by the time his contract is up.

Uates manager needs to be sacked.

the_eel

Juniors
Haha its funny how biased everyone is to a player from their own club. As an eels fan i rate Hayne highly but for me Inglis and Slater are the 2 best players in the game.

NAS

Juniors
Cameron Smith is the best player in the game in my view. Far and away the most consistent of any of the elite, with no obvious flaws in his game to speak of.

Thurston would be second.

The others are great athletes....not great footballers as such....

Avenger

Immortal
The best players in the game in no particular order are:

Hayne, Inglis, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Thurston. My vote goes to Hayne but I am biased. If I had to swap any player for Hayne I would pick Thurston.

Someone

Bench
f**k me biasism (is that a word) is thick in here.

I hate Greg Inglis and laughed when he slide on his head scoring his 3rd try against canberra, but i know he is the best player. Delivers when it matters and is outstanding in every aspect of the game. Pity he doesnt act like El masri, i might actually enjoy watching him play.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Ever since he graduated to "elite" status I've felt Thurston was a little overrated. A fine player for sure, but not really a complete halfback- does anyone else see it that way? His passing game always seems a bit laboured to me, can he even really pass left to right?? He's kinda like Alan Langer imo, an elite half without necessarily having all the impeccable skills you might expect of one.

I just can't see Thurston as #1, it's gotta be one of Smith/Inglis/Slater doesn't it?

Weels

Juniors
Ever since he graduated to "elite" status I've felt Thurston was a little overrated. A fine player for sure, but not really a complete halfback- does anyone else see it that way? His passing game always seems a bit laboured to me, can he even really pass left to right?? He's kinda like Alan Langer imo, an elite half without necessarily having all the impeccable skills you might expect of one.

I just can't see Thurston as #1, it's gotta be one of Smith/Inglis/Slater doesn't it?

I totally agree with you on Thurston, he is not the complete halfback.
As for Hayne, he's a long way from being that good. {except if your a Parra fan}
The one that is my pick {as much as I hate to admit it} is Slater. :sch:
This bloke can be freakish at times, but he never turns in a bad performance. Only trouble with him is he's way overpaid and he shows his arrogance. [-(

Charlie124

First Grade
I'll do mine in groups, no particular order within those groups.

Top 3:
Jonathon Thurston
Cameron Smith
Billy Slater

Next 3:
Greg Inglis
Scott Prince
Petero Civoneceva

Next 5:
Luke Lewis
Brett Morris
Benji Marshall