What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who is the best?

Talanexor

Juniors
Ever since he graduated to "elite" status I've felt Thurston was a little overrated. A fine player for sure, but not really a complete halfback- does anyone else see it that way? His passing game always seems a bit laboured to me, can he even really pass left to right?? He's kinda like Alan Langer imo, an elite half without necessarily having all the impeccable skills you might expect of one.

I just can't see Thurston as #1, it's gotta be one of Smith/Inglis/Slater doesn't it?

Thurston is a five-eighth playing in the #7 jersey. He's fast, got a great passing game and excellent vision. Also got a pretty handy short kicking game, and his defence is pretty good for a little bloke.

His long kicking is average. And this year he's been disappointing, he isn't showing any creativity or variation in his game, it's just show-and-go, put a crappy little low kick in that doesn't put the fullback under any pressure, then throw a long pass to Tonga or a short pass to Bolton and hope they barge over the line.

I don't know whether it's because he's struggled with injury this season, because our outside backs are so awful or because Neil Henry has him stuck permanently on the left side of the field.

If I were starting a new team from scratch, the first player I'd pick would be Cameron Smith. The Storm just fall apart without him, despite having a team well and truly over the cap.

Ulysseus

Bench
lol, it aint f**king Hayne that's for sure.
Is it based on opinion or on stats?, or do we just look at the Dally M leader board?

A few players from Manly, Panthers and Saints might have a bit to say on who is "the best" at the moment.
In any case, most positions are dependent on the players around them.
Terry Lamb managed to win a slew of awards when Wests finished in the toilet, but it don't usually work that way in these worrying post September 11 times.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
lol, it aint f**king Hayne that's for sure.
Is it based on opinion or on stats?, or do we just look at the Dally M leader board?

A few players from Manly, Panthers and Saints might have a bit to say on who is "the best" at the moment.
In any case, most positions are dependent on the players around them.
Terry Lamb managed to win a slew of awards when Wests finished in the toilet, but it don't usually work that way in these worrying post September 11 times.

Hayne is pure greatness you muppet,next time you see him in the street bow down before him and kiss his yellow boots.(yes he wears his yellow boots even when not playing)

aussies1st

Staff member
Smith is the most complete package along with Thurston. Hayne was awesome against Manly, his kicking was massive and hes got the playmaker ability from fullback. Just needs to keep his consistency going as he was quiet in the opening few matches.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
How does one define the BEST?
Is it one the basis of how one can change the tide of the game? or is it being the most influential player?

patzz_

Juniors
Smith definitly,

Monday night was the first good game i have seen Hayne play this year, and that was against a very flat manly side, i would say atm there are at least 10 players as good as hayne

Latest posts