What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer Quiz

Dean Moriarty said:
There were two - I guess you mean Caniggia, who scored in the semi-final, but David Platt also scored against him in the 3rd/4th place game.

haha oh yeah i forgot that, who remembers the 3rd place playoff neway (walks away embarresed hoping ppl usually forget the 3rd place playoff game:p)

this question is tricky, can u give a clue? what year was it in? ill guess on pele for now just coz he scored a shitload of goals as a 17 yr old.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Dean Moriarty said:
Who is the only substitute to score a hat-trick in a World Cup Finals game?

Laszlo Kiss (Hungary) vs El Salvador in WC 1982.

I could be wrong, but i think this was the fastest hat-trick in history with something like 7 minutes was taken to score all the three goals.

oh god im going on a guess here but ill say Gabriel Batistuta. i know he got one in 94 against greece and argentina did well in 98 so ill just go with that. its so tempting to look it up but then thered be no point to having a quiz.

neway heres a little novelty question while someone answers the other one:

what were the betting odds on the brisbane strikers to win the NSL in the year they won 96/97?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
oh god im going on a guess here but ill say Gabriel Batistuta. i know he got one in 94 against greece and argentina did well in 98 so ill just go with that. its so tempting to look it up but then thered be no point to having a quiz.

neway heres a little novelty question while someone answers the other one:

what were the betting odds on the brisbane strikers to win the NSL in the year they won 96/97?

You are correct about Batistuta!!

woohoo go me about batigol!

and the odds were 66/1, go the mighty strikers god that was awesome to be a part of that.

ok heres another question:

What is the furtherest a nation outside of south america or europe has gone in the world cup and who were the 2 countries that got that far and what years?