What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer Quiz

GBT

Juniors
Like it say's on the box.

What was the original name of Manchester City FC?

SP

Bench
St. Marks of West Gorton - 1880
West Gorton - 1881
Gorton - 1884
Ardwick - 1887
Man City - 1894

SP

Bench
Are we gonna start this quiz??

What was the original name of Leeds United

chileman

Coach
Hmmmmm, well I'm pretty sure it was France over Paraguay in 1998.....it was Blanc if my memory serves me correct!

chileman

Coach
suburbanknight said:
Your memory serves you well amigo. Give that man a prize.
Give that man a NEW :p (Aussie beer ;-) ) I have to take off but if anyone wants to post the next question for me they are welcome too and I'll think of one tomorrow when I'm on again....have a good one!

GBT

Juniors
suburbanknight said:
Leeds City.

Formed in 1904 and changed to Leeds United in 1919 when Leeds City was disbanded due to crowd troubles.

Sorry to butt in. Leeds City were founded in 1904 and played at Elland Road. But they were thrown out of the league for continual financial irregularities, which began before WW1. Leeds United AFC were formed in 1919 and admitted to the FL in 1920. In reality, they are a different club.

SP

Bench
Since no one knew, It was Marko

I remember reading it somewhere, his manager asked him to change his name to Mark when he was moving from Zagreb in Croatia, to Celtic (i think, well along those lines)

There were two - I guess you mean Caniggia, who scored in the semi-final, but David Platt also scored against him in the 3rd/4th place game.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why did the referee add on 8 minutes of injury time to the first half of extra-time in the 1990 Semi-Final between Italy and Argentina?

Latest posts