What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer world cup could effect the 2014 NRL football season

gregstar

Referee
ShArKsMaN said:
for some reason it doesnt suprise me!!!
then start now & get in first champ.

get the dragon logo into your sig & repeat after me......

i love the saints! i love the saints!

c'mon - you can do it buddy!

Timbo

Staff member
The naysayers here need to remember that 44,000 turned up to Georgia vs. Uruguay at the Rugby World Cup. Ponder that for a moment.

But as I said, it's a non issue. The stadium problem rules us out.

markstan

Juniors
There is no stadium problem Fifa haven't had a problem with the MCG in the past. We have plenty of stadiums more than good enough if not better than anything Europe could offer capacity wise.

You can have as many enquisitive types turn up to any old thing but keep in mind those tickets were about 2 cents each if not free. FIFA dont give away discounted things and what not, and a couple of bucks is quite different to a couple of Hundred. An inquisitive want in regard to attending a WC match would be overshadowed, for most by the need to pay the mortgage, or the bills!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would be brilliant for the country if we got it. Would be huge positives for RL as well. Anybody for a grant to increase their grounds capacity to 40,000 and make it a modern enclosed stadium (Newcastle, Perth, Adelaide, Souths:lol:, Cronulla?) How about a few hundred million to upgrade Suncorp to 65,000?. Sounds good to me.

Bumble

First Grade
Lol I rate this 5 stars because I can't believe how naive these 2 morons are.

Saudi Arabia vs Canada would never happen because Canada would never make the world cup and even if they did, you hardly ever get 2 completely rubbish teams in the same pool and even then...low interest games like this would be at a lower cost than games with England, Spain, Australia, Brazil etc. playing. That's exactly what they did in the world cup...it cost me 5 bucks to sit on the hill at WIN stadium to watch one of the top 3 teams in the world!

And yes, I would pay say, 30 dollars to see Saudi Arabia vs Canada and that's around what the price would be.

Alex28

Coach
Joey J no1 Footballer said:
Okay it's The Knights v NQ a full house and live on the box or on the other hand Brazil are playing Italy or some other country nobody ever heard of!
The grasp of english makes this a little hard to understand - but both interpretations are just as stupid as eachother.

* "Brazil v Italy" - sorry mate, I'm a massive Knights fan but I'd stop everything to watch Brazil v Italy in Australia. It would be an amazing experience.

* "Italy(,) or some other country nobody (has) ever heard of" - you haven't heard of Italy? You do know there is a whole world outside of Newcastle don't you?

Bumble

First Grade
Alex28 said:
The grasp of english makes this a little hard to understand - but both interpretations are just as stupid as eachother.

* "Brazil v Italy" - sorry mate, I'm a massive Knights fan but I'd stop everything to watch Brazil v Italy in Australia. It would be an amazing experience.

* "Italy(,) or some other country nobody (has) ever heard of" - you haven't heard of Italy? You do know there is a whole world outside of Newcastle don't you?

Wow I missed that quote...he couldn't have picked a worse example! Brazil vs Italy would sell out immediately after going on release, irrespective of price.

markstan

Juniors
Bumble said:
Lol I rate this 5 stars because I can't believe how naive these 2 morons are.

Saudi Arabia vs Canada would never happen because Canada would never make the world cup and even if they did, you hardly ever get 2 completely rubbish teams in the same pool and even then...low interest games like this would be at a lower cost than games with England, Spain, Australia, Brazil etc. playing. That's exactly what they did in the world cup...it cost me 5 bucks to sit on the hill at WIN stadium to watch one of the top 3 teams in the world!

And yes, I would pay say, 30 dollars to see Saudi Arabia vs Canada and that's around what the price would be.

Err wrong stupid FIFA have set pricing for games/rounds and I hate to tell you again it will be at least $70 + for the initial group stage. And well the crap games do occour. Im not stupid I do know a significant amount about soccer and crappy little games do occour, im sure I dont need to inform you how they draw the teams, and that such games occour. Concacaf, AFC, conmebol, UEFA, ETC.

And can you lot bloody shut it "ERR CANADA CANT MAKE IT WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE" wake up I think you should think again, cos it is possible. If you cant get your brain around Canada what about Mali v Trinidad and Tobago?

C.P

Juniors
Because each qualifying group only gets a certain amount of spots at the WC brainiac. If you beat those in your group you get a gig. Canada are in the same qualifying group as the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and other Central American teams and would have to beat them to get in. Wouldnt happen.

markstan

Juniors
C.P said:
Because each qualifying group only gets a certain amount of spots at the WC brainiac. If you beat those in your group you get a gig. Canada are in the same qualifying group as the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and other Central American teams and would have to beat them to get in. Wouldnt happen.

No sh*t Sherlock,

Now understand this if canada beat teams in there group they get the spot. Hell they won the concacaf thing a few years ago. If you knew anything about the game they are generally considering as emerging and by 2014 would have actually a good chance.

People attending Mali V Ecuador "wouldn't happen"

sting

Bench
hahaha just stop and think about what you're arguing about...

whether or not its possible for canada to make the 2014 soccer world cup

haha who gives a sh*t

C.P

Juniors
Emerging??? If you'll take a quick look below i've attached for your information the results of their preliminary qualifying group for the 2006 WC. Yes that looks to be them DEAD MOTHERLESS. Good work Sherlock

Group/Grupo BGroup/Grupo B GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Costa Rica 6 3 2 1 12:8 10
Guatemala 6 3 2 1 7:9 10
Honduras 6 1 1 4 9:7 7
Canada 6 1 3 2 4:8 5

And Sting it is relevant because Markymarky thinks that he will be watching Canada should a WC be miraculously held in Australia

markstan

Juniors
C.P said:
Emerging??? If you'll take a quick look below i've attached for your information the results of their preliminary qualifying group for the 2006 WC. Yes that looks to be them DEAD MOTHERLESS. Good work Sherlock

Group/Grupo BGroup/Grupo B GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Costa Rica 6 3 2 1 12:8 10
Guatemala 6 3 2 1 7:9 10
Honduras 6 1 1 4 9:7 7
Canada 6 1 3 2 4:8 5

And Sting it is relevant because Markymarky thinks that he will be watching Canada should a WC be miraculously held in Australia

This really is amazing people having a tanty cos they have come to the realisation that such an attempt to hold a WC in Aus would be a disaster.

Go ask Italians, greeks etc, traditionally soccer fans, if a WC would work in AUS see what there answer will be.

Wow so they needed 2 more goals so what big deal.

Latest posts